Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
There is nothing wrong with telling others of your positive experience with a business/individual, but it quite another thing to extrapolate knowledge of a business/individual’s true character. I remember reading many posts here from members extolling EA and its owner and attacking any doubters – essentially based on nothing more than maybe a good purchase experience (some of the posters had not even bought anything yet) and feelings conjured from their own minds.
I don't recall seeing any threads here saying anything about Ted's character. I've often praised EA for being the ONLY implement company out there showing their equipment being tested under harsh conditions. Also, I've praised the quality of the products and stated many times that I never had a problem with the cash up front policy.

How many times has social media or the "professional" media got it wrong about the details. Ask yourself that question. EA has been tried and convicted by many on this forum and others without any of the details that lawyers and judges will be discussing.

Would I place an order with EA today? Heck no! But if they get back up and running and appear to be doing well and filling orders then maybe. I'll cross that bridge once the bridge has been rebuilt.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Fair would be a flat consumption tax. NO deductions. Same percentage for all. You spend more and you pay more.
The Reason that is not a good system…is because extremely wealthy people often receive financial gain they do not have to report….while lower income folks are penalized accordingly.

Example: A CEO of a Fortune 500 company gets a company car and travels on a company jet (and often one or more company-owned houses.) He is not taxed on those benefits…. as they are considered company-expenses….. and as-such… even the company uses them as tax deductions.

But Mr. Everyman has to use his personal income to buy his car and pay for his operating expenses and air travel….with money on which he is TAXED.

A “flat tax” is not “fair” because the millionaire spends only a fraction of his income on living expenses such as gas, electricity, housing and food….. while Mr. Everyman has to pay the largest portion of his income on such things. A national sales-tax has the same problem.

IMO as someone who doesn’t feel pity for the extremely wealthy.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Example: A CEO of a Fortune 500 company gets a company car and travels on a company jet (and often one or more company-owned houses.) He is not taxed on those benefits…

Here in Canada ,you ARE taxed ! BTDT, albeit for the 'personal use' AND you MUST have written logs to backup what you report.

Lawyers are smart. One across the street has kept a 'situation' going for 4+ years that COULD have been settled in 62 days.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
A large and reasonable amount of your estate is exempt from the so-called “death tax”…and if you wish to do so, you may protect quite a bit more if you properly plan ahead. The reason inheritance taxes exist is to avoid primogeniture laws that made Europe such a quagmire of monarchial/nobility which deprived others of “opportunity”.…. the Reason America is so celebrated!

I thought lawyers were supposed to be smart.
You might want to be more circumspect about your understanding of the US Estate Tax. It like all other taxes has been and is imposed for the purpose of raising money for the federal government. The current Estate Tax of 1916 is the fourth time there has been an estate tax in the US; the preceding 3 times were repealed after the need for funds ended.

The estate tax has nothing to do with primogeniture (primogeniture effectively was ended in most of Western Europe before 1850). The rate at which you tax an estate does not dictate the distribution of the estate. In fact, taxing estates at high rates might encourage not dividing the estate amongst beneficiaries; it can be tough to cut up a smaller pie -especially if that pie is a farm or business.

America provided/provides greater opportunity than Europe with and without the Estate Tax. Prior to 1916, America grew to be a world power with a very high standard of living for its citizens without an Estate Tax for 90+% of the time.

People often seek to see some moral reason/advantage for a tax, but the overwhelming reality is that a tax is tax.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Financial 'risk' may be zero, but you've wasted 90+ days waiting when you could have been working with your new attachment.
I understand that many here are the instant gratification type.
I am not!
I come from the era of ordering from the Sears catalog, and waiting for delivery.
Though current delivery schedules are usually much more rapid, I still try to anticipate major purchase needs, well in advance of specific need date.

Last edited:

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
I'm not sure that the credit card companies are still doing business with EA after having been burned. Maybe the Ted lovers on this site will underwrite the risk of someone's purchase.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm not sure that the credit card companies are still doing business with EA after having been burned. Maybe the Ted lovers on this site will underwrite the risk of someone's purchase.
"Ted lovers" ??
Are you referring to folks who bought the best attachments on the market?
I am one of them!
Color me as a buyer of high quality equipment.
I am not even one bit ashamed!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Well he does bring up a very interesting business question.
Just WHERE is EA/TC getting their current 'operating capital from ? It does seem unlikely that banks or other primary lenders will offer EA coins, one of those 'once bitten, twice shy' deals. Then there's the suppliers issue. What steel company, fab shop, 'nuts and bolts', hydraulic hoses will give EA parts and materials,even on 30 day credit ? Same holds for office supplies, gas for cars, lots of 'things'.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I thought we were requested to be respectful of other member, and if not able to do that don't post. forum vacation time was an option.

Last edited by a moderator:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"A (new) sucker is born every minute".

P. T. Barnum
Just how does one become a "sucker" using a credit card for buyer protection?
Many people do not understand their credit card protection, and/or time limits.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well he does bring up a very interesting business question.
Just WHERE is EA/TC getting their current 'operating capital from ? It does seem unlikely that banks or other primary lenders will offer EA coins, one of those 'once bitten, twice shy' deals. Then there's the suppliers issue. What steel company, fab shop, 'nuts and bolts', hydraulic hoses will give EA parts and materials,even on 30 day credit ? Same holds for office supplies, gas for cars, lots of 'things'.
Business come out of bankruptcy every day of the week,.....even in Canada.

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I don't recall seeing any threads here saying anything about Ted's character. I've often praised EA for being the ONLY implement company out there showing their equipment being tested under harsh conditions. Also, I've praised the quality of the products and stated many times that I never had a problem with the cash up front policy.

How many times has social media or the "professional" media got it wrong about the details. Ask yourself that question. EA has been tried and convicted by many on this forum and others without any of the details that lawyers and judges will be discussing.

Would I place an order with EA today? Heck no! But if they get back up and running and appear to be doing well and filling orders then maybe. I'll cross that bridge once the bridge has been rebuilt.
His character is sketchy at best. If I remember right he poked fun of Tractor Time with Tim about his religion. I believe Tim said something to this effect when asked why he didn’t review Teds product

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
His character is sketchy at best. If I remember right he poked fun of Tractor Time with Tim about his religion. I believe Tim said something to this effect when asked why he didn’t review Teds product
It seems like most people like the design and function of EA attachments.
Similarly, most people seem to question the ethics and business practices of TED.
The Ted fanboys are pretty sensitive to any criticism of the EA's Business practices, and are quick to come to Ted's defense.

We'll see if he makes everybody whole.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It seems like most people like the design and function of EA attachments.
Similarly, most people seem to question the ethics and business practices of TED.
The Ted fanboys are pretty sensitive to any criticism of the EA's Business practices, and are quick to come to Ted's defense.

We'll see if he makes everybody whole.
I absolutely do not defend EA (Ted's) business practices?
I absolutely do defend the design, and manufacture of his attachments.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
They did build great products.
I own one of them that I bought and received without any problems before this whole debacle.
Would I ever say they made THE BEST?
Nope.
The way I look at it is, unless I have personally used all the competitors products and all but EA failed to perform the task they were designed to do, how can someone say they are THE BEST?
Regardless, after everything that transpired I would never give them my business again. To many other good companies out there for me to ever support EA again.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
'best' is a very subjective term, and really none are 'best'.
You need to layout the 'rules' of the comparisons, then so a blind test.

Reminds me of the TV show where the somalia(sp..wine expert), swapped wines. Put $200 wine in $5 bottle, $5 wine in $200 bottle ( used wine 'thief' ) so no one KNEW they'd be switched.
ALL of the experts agreed the $200 bottle of wine was far superior. Man was there 'egg on their faces' when the truth came out !!!!
I've got a 70 year old 3 furrow, 14" plow with smooth coulters. Is it the 'best'. Don't know. I assume 'they' have made a few improvements in 3/4 of a century BUT what I do KNOW is that it performs very,very well, exceeds MY needs. Yes, it's rusty and dusty, ain't 'purdy' but for $50, 25 years ago is the 'best' for me.