Equipment fires

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I ran across these. While not perfect for all applications, I think one will be going in my wife's and kids car glove box.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I ran across these. While not perfect for all applications, I think one will be going in my wife's and kids car glove box.
Well that's neat! Which size are you going to buy, the E50 or E100. I need to search for a video or two showing those things in action.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't know that I would've had the presence of mind to continue wielding a gopro in the midst of all that.
In a strange way, reporting on such an event with the use of a microphone and/or camera can be calming for the person in that situation. It makes the experience (and stress) feel shared rather than feeling that one is isolated and having to deal with the situation alone. Reporters in war zones experience this phenomena.

I'm an atheist but I understand why so many believe in something outside of themselves. It brings them comfort and makes them feel that they're not alone.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
And plenty showing they do work. No small fire extinguisher is perfect. There is a reason smoke jumpers carry shovels. Not fire extinguishers.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Well that's neat! Which size are you going to buy, the E50 or E100. I need to search for a video or two showing those things in action.
Not sure. I need to measure the glove box. And see what will fit with all the crap they keep in there 😂

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
And plenty showing they do work.

Have not looked at the second one but if the first guy didn't use a real fire extinguisher, that car was toast!!! Coming in with Element after the fire was put out, doesn't mean it worked....

Are you selling this crap? It might be better than pissing on the fire... but I'm not sure.

I'm done, the second video - the fire was burning out without any help.... Feel free to use what you want... Unsubscribing...

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Have not looked at the second one but if the first guy didn't use a real fire extinguisher, that car was toast!!! Coming in with Element after the fire was put out, doesn't mean it worked....

Are you selling this crap? It might be better than pissing on the fire... but I'm not sure.

I'm done, the second video - the fire was burning out without any help.... Feel free to use what you want... Unsubscribing...
Maybe change your name to old, tired and cranky. Sheesh. Just giving people options. Watch it again. Till the end this time.

• Haha

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The extringuishers with hoses and/or nozzles are best because they can be better-directed tot he source/base of the fires when obstructions exist.

I’m glad to see the videographer gave “good boys” to those dogs. They were the best part, IMO. (especially love those labs and retrievers)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Just this past week a firefighter in CA was killed while attempting to put out a burning front end loader. Something on the machine exploded and I assume that the blast killed the firefighter. Very sad situation, and if there was an operator present I wonder if he/she attempted to put out the fire or even had the proper equipment to do so. It might have been arson so that would make the previous sentence moot.

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Just this past week a firefighter in CA was killed while attempting to put out a burning front end loader. Something on the machine exploded and I assume that the blast killed the firefighter. Very sad situation, and if there was an operator present I wonder if he/she attempted to put out the fire or even had the proper equipment to do so. It might have been arson so that would make the previous sentence moot.

Ever since seeing a badly burned car as a kid I’ve carried an extinguisher in my car. Not to save a vehicle, but in hopes I could get a person out. I asked my cousin (a retired firefighter) about the likelihood of the car exploding, and he said next to none, not something to really worry about. But jeez this story is scary (if I’m honest I only read the headline, which is enough).

Also, the extinguishers in my cars are probably old and settled and have plastic pins. Thanks for all the pointers, folks who have contributed to this thread!