Electrical System on B8200

Dhoop45

Equipment
B8200
Aug 28, 2011
Pike Road, AL
On my B8200 the headlights, flashers, and fuel gauge all do not turn on. The tractor cranks fine and runs great but I am not sure what the problem could be with the lights etc. Could it be a fuse of some sort, if so where would it be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

landphil

Equipment
B8200 backhoe brushhog gannon tiller disc snowblade
Jun 22, 2011
Flagstaff ,AZ
tucked away behind the dash or on the left side panel there should be a couple in line fuse holders. Chances are they are brittle or loose. I found mine and the fuses were good but the holders were messed up, I replaced them and got lites!!

Last edited:

murky

Mar 30, 2012
Vancouver, WA
tucked away behind the dash or on the left side panel there should be a couple in line fuse holders. Chances are they are brittle or loose. I found mine and the fuses were good but the holders were messed up, I replaced them and got lites!!
Lucky for you.

I got my B8200 HST and nothing electrical worked except for the glow plugs and starter.

Both fuses were blown. It looks like the 10 amp line has some kind of short and so the previous owners moved nearly everything to the 15 amp line. Fortunately that side seemed to just need a fuse.

I've got pretty much everything back except the hazard lights. I don't know if there was ever a horn. The oil pressure switch has the electrical contact broken off. The 15 amp line peaks at almost 15 amps of load so hopefully that fuse will be okay.

I'm guessing its just a matter of time before I have to dig deeper because I see a lot of electrical tape and wire nuts.