Dripping fluid on cold start - RESOLVED w/ info

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
Thanks again everyone. I believe I resolved my problem, but I was looking in the wrong spot.

Yesterday I loosened and repositioned the hose clamps on the large. low, horizontal hose coming from the radiator, just to make sure they were in the right position and tight. This morning I started the tractor to warm it up and when I came back out there was WAY more fluid. I thought it was good news bad news in that it would suggest my work exasperated the problem but proved that I had found the source. Nope, wrong! Now there was fluid everywhere, coming from multiple directions, but from higher up. It was now trickling out, allowing me to track and find the source. It was a hose clamp up under the air filter going into a high point on the engine. The clamp was obviously loosening over time. The original path the slow leak was taking to get down to where it was dripping out still is mysterious to me. Below is a picture of the ultimate issue. There really is only one angle where I can readily see it, and I needed a flashlight or could be easily missed. I guess the error on my part was not following ALL of the hoses to check both ends. I had no indicator of fluid at any higher point that would have suggested I needed to look where it ultimately was to be found. Live and learn.

Tractor 4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users