Dpf cleaning and install

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Does anyone have info on removal, cleaning/baking and installing the dpf on these larger tractors with Def as well. My m6-111 is about due to have the dpf cleaned is it something I should or have to take to a dealer to do? There is a shop 1hr drive from me that professionally cleans the dpf once it’s off the machine obviously. I just don’t know how the removal and installation would go all new to me ? Is there reprogramming that needs to be done after?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Usually the only time one needs to be sent in to be baked off, is if the regen process was interrupted multiple times, or regularly inhibited to where there isn't any option but to send it in to be baked off or replaced.

Is this a maintenence step listed in the manual??

Yes, you can remove it and have it sent in to be baked off. You would have to check locally to see if anyone offers the service.

There could possibly be a reset that needs to be done with the lalaptop. Which then gets sticky if you did the work, but need a dealer to perform the reset.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Usually the only time one needs to be sent in to be baked off, is if the regen process was interrupted multiple times, or regularly inhibited to where there isn't any option but to send it in to be baked off or replaced.

Is this a maintenence step listed in the manual??

Yes, you can remove it and have it sent in to be baked off. You would have to check locally to see if anyone offers the service.

There could possibly be a reset that needs to be done with the lalaptop. Which then gets sticky if you did the work, but need a dealer to perform the reset.
Ya the tractors has 3700hrs. After it completes a regen it showing that the soot level is still at 80% and can only go about 20hrs before needing to regen again. It always completes a cycle and hasn’t went on limp mode or anything I’m just wondering if it should be a preventative thing before I need it again for work

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
There are companies that clean DPFs and some that have do it yourself instructions. Maybe you could find one that would clean your DPF, but I think what would work for car/truck would work for your tractor.

Once upon a time, I had a Ford that wouldn't go into regen as a result it was in limp mode. I ran a lot (1 gallon) of PowerService Summer Diesel Klein through it which got it to go to regen. That might be worth a try.. YMMV.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
There are companies that clean DPFs and some that have do it yourself instructions. Maybe you could find one that would clean your DPF, but I think what would work for car/truck would work for your tractor.

Once upon a time, I had a Ford that wouldn't go into regen as a result it was in limp mode. I ran a lot (1 gallon) of PowerService Summer Diesel Klein through it which got it to go to regen. That might be worth a try.. YMMV.
I appreciate the reply. Ya I run hot shot everyday treatment for the last 1500 hrs don’t know if it helps or not but can’t hurt I guess.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Does anyone have info on removal, cleaning/baking and installing the dpf on these larger tractors with Def as well. My m6-111 is about due to have the dpf cleaned is it something I should or have to take to a dealer to do? There is a shop 1hr drive from me that professionally cleans the dpf once it’s off the machine obviously. I just don’t know how the removal and installation would go all new to me ? Is there reprogramming that needs to be done after?
R&R on the DPF itself isnt going to be the issue. The ECU is almost surely going to need to be updated and the diagnostic software to do that is pretty much Kubota only. Talk to your dealer to see what they have to say.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
R&R on the DPF itself isnt going to be the issue. The ECU is almost surely going to need to be updated and the diagnostic software to do that is pretty much Kubota only. Talk to your dealer to see what they have to say.

Dan
Thanks Dan. I figured it was prob just best to take to dealer but I will see what they say anyways

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Dan. I figured it was prob just best to take to dealer but I will see what they say anyways
I an sure they will tell you it has to be reprogrammed. I will be interested in the cost.

Theres an outside chance you can find a third party diesel engine repair shop capable of doing the reprogramming for you.

Dan

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I an sure they will tell you it has to be reprogrammed. I will be interested in the cost.

Theres an outside chance you can find a third party diesel engine repair shop capable of doing the reprogramming for you.

Dan
Yes I will post back when I call to give an idea. I hope the tractor can make it to fall, but I guess it is what it is. I know the kenworth dealer cleans the dpf canisters but that doesn’t help with the reprogramming. Dan do you think if I’m opening a can of worms I should clean the egr cooler and valve while I’m at it or leave it be? That at least I can do myself and gives me excuse to do all new coolant as well

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes I will post back when I call to give an idea. I hope the tractor can make it to fall, but I guess it is what it is. I know the kenworth dealer cleans the dpf canisters but that doesn’t help with the reprogramming. Dan do you think if I’m opening a can of worms I should clean the egr cooler and valve while I’m at it or leave it be? That at least I can do myself and gives me excuse to do all new coolant as well
I would avoid doing anything that might complicate diagnosing any problems once the newly cleaned DPF is back in service. That said if thosE items are coming off anyway and its easier to do as part pf the DPF service seems reasonable.

Dan

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I would avoid doing anything that might complicate diagnosing any problems once the newly cleaned DPF is back in service. That said if thosE items are coming off anyway and its easier to do as part pf the DPF service seems reasonable.

Dan
Thanks Dan. I always told myself I would trade the tractor at every 3000hours before it needed any of dpf or emission equipment cleaned or replaced. But with the world the way it is I think I’ll be keeping it for a couple more years anyways

• Love
Reactions: 1 user