Does regen have to be terrible?

Shadow_storm56

Equipment
Lawn mower
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Only been watching your thread, but I agree an HST may have been the better choice for a tractor.

A lot of folks are dedicated to a gear-driven drivetrain of some fashion and I understand that.

Sometimes the more modern options do work better.

What are the options for an M5 tractor? Good size machine. Doubt HST is an option?
It's a narrow series orchard tractor that's 100Hp so as far as I know they aren't made with the HST option.

It's a good machine I just hate having to let it sit and run to do a regen

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It's a narrow series orchard tractor that's 100Hp so as far as I know they aren't made with the HST option.

It's a good machine I just hate having to let it sit and run to do a regen
Yes, saw it was an “N” tractor for narrow. When you said moving pallets of apples makes sense.

Don’t believe the narrow matters for transmission options of that horsepower range.

Any other model tractor you look at will have emissions systems requiring a minimum RPM.

If the drivetrain isn’t jerky at those RPM, the hydraulic operation of the loader still will be.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Only been watching your thread, but I agree an HST may have been the better choice for a tractor.

A lot of folks are dedicated to a gear-driven drivetrain of some fashion and I understand that.

What are the options for an M5 tractor? Good size machine. Doubt HST is an option?
Gear type transmissions are more efficient, which is why HSTs are not used in high HP tractors.

Don't know where one can buy a 100 HP+ HST tractor these days.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Not a chance, but a high/low powershift is available with the 6X2 transmission.