Do you have a vanity plate?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Have one on my '70 Nova, well I will have when I get it put back together and on the road.

IMG_20140614_100814235 (1).jpg

Reactions: 3 users

KKBL

Equipment
L2501 HST QA 525 loader, 42" forks, brush hog, grader/box/back blades
Jan 5, 2022
Girard, PA
Wife's car plate is JUNE 20, my truck plate is 20 JUNE, our 48 year old antique car plate is JN20 (only allowed 4 characters on antique plates in our state).
We share June 20th birthday and got married on June 20th. She found a Corvette that I had sold 23 years previously and arranged to purchase it back as a surprise for me on our 30th wedding anniversary.

Reactions: 2 users

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Had one once on a ratty 1965 Chevy C10 stepside - BUDS

Stood for Big, Ugly, Dirty and Smelly.

• Haha

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Wife's car plate is JUNE 20, my truck plate is 20 JUNE, our 48 year old antique car plate is JN20 (only allowed 4 characters on antique plates in our state).
We share June 20th birthday and got married on June 20th. She found a Corvette that I had sold 23 years previously and arranged to purchase it back as a surprise for me on our 30th wedding anniversary.
You gonna keep her..?? (the Corvette, I mean…?). :ROFLMAO:

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Have one on my '70 Nova, well I will have when I get it put back together and on the road.

View attachment 93844
Had a 1974? Nova 4-door. For what it was, I loved that car. Even slip sliding around in the snow was pretty fun. Old beater straight-6 engine was super easy to work on.

Would love to have a 70 2-door!

KKBL

Equipment
L2501 HST QA 525 loader, 42" forks, brush hog, grader/box/back blades
Jan 5, 2022
Girard, PA
You gonna keep her..?? (the Corvette, I mean…?). :ROFLMAO:
Yes, the car is going to stay in the family this time. Our grandson loves it and our son has promised to never sell it after I am gone.

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Yes

Right now we have two, keeping in mind my wife worked for DMV until she recently transferred out LOL she could "Stalk" any plate we wanted

Her Jeep = "Frosty"

My RED F-150 = "Scar" aka Scarlet

I did have Sixgun when we first moved here but gave it up :(

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
DMV gets enough of my money. Don't want to give them more just for vanity plates.

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
One thing about this kind of plate, it is easy to remember when the operator does something stupid. Most of the time it is better to not stand out. Also my father said about taxes "Why give them more than you have to?"

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
One thing about this kind of plate, it is easy to remember when the operator does something stupid.
Or when the operator does something perfectly legal and reasonable, but the nutcase on the other end of the transaction doesn't see it that way.

Could be something simple like taking your turn at a 4 way stop, and some dim-bulb is certain it was his turn, even though you were there first by a car lenght AND were the vehicle to the right.

It's not rare.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Or when the operator does something perfectly legal and reasonable, but the nutcase on the other end of the transaction doesn't see it that way.

Could be something simple like taking your turn at a 4 way stop, and some dim-bulb is certain it was his turn, even though you were there first by a car lenght AND were the vehicle to the right.

It's not rare.
Somehow I doubt that one person's word against another would have much worth to law enforcement. My bet is they have better and more important things to handle...even if it is just coffee and a doughnut...LOL

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
One thing about this kind of plate, it is easy to remember when the operator does something stupid. Most of the time it is better to not stand out. Also my father said about taxes "Why give them more than you have to?"
True -

We don't have vanity plates, but both our rides have 4-figure "old" numbered plates that also reflect the county where we live in NYS.

Both are ##-NH. Those numbers stand out.

Not a lot in NYS are like that, other than NH-##.

Want to make sure your on your best behavior..... ;)

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
True -

We don't have vanity plates, but both our rides have 4-figure "old" numbered plates that also reflect the county where we live in NYS.

Both are ##-NH. Those numbers stand out.

Not a lot in NYS are like that, other than NH-##.

Want to make sure your on your best behavior..... ;)
I trust that few would react negatively, to my Vietnam service medal license plate.
Though....Senator Feinstein (CA) has postulated that veterans owning firearms may be a danger to society.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I trust that few would react negatively, to my Vietnam service medal license plate.
Though....Senator Feinstein (CA) has stated that veterans owning firearms are a danger to society.
Social media users have been sharing content online that claims Senator Dianne Feinstein said, “All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms.” This is not a direct quote from Senator Feinstein.

Examples can be seen here and bit.ly/3ejLvRP .

This is an old post from 2013 that is recirculating. Some claims refer to a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on March 7, 2013, where Senator John Cornyn offered an amendment to the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 originally proposed by Feinstein ( bit.ly/2Dw8OLB, here ). A C-SPAN video of this hearing is available here .

The closest reference to the claim can be heard at around the 1:34:40 mark, where the Senator says: “The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq war, it’s not clear how the seller or transfer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member or veteran and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we can work something out but I think we have to - if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally, don’t have access to this kind of weapon.”

Feinstein did not say that “all vets are mentally ill”. She talked about some veterans suffering from PTSD after their experiences in warzones. Feinstein suggested another approach was needed so that these veterans suffering from PTSD or other mental disorders would not have access to weapons.

The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) reports that the proportion of veterans affected by PTSD can range between 11-30%, depending on the service era and time period ( here ). A paper by the VA on veterans with PTSD and gun ownership can be read here . Further reading on veterans' rights to own guns and PTSD can be found here and here , and on PTSD in veterans here .

VERDICT
False. Feinstein did not say all veterans were mentally ill; she argued that veterans suffering from PTSD should have limited access to certain kinds of weapons.

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact-checking work  here  .

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact-checking work  here  .
I wonder what government agency/agencies are working with that "fact check" team?

• Haha

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Though....Senator Feinstein (CA) has postulated that veterans owning firearms may be a danger to society.
No clue why I’m quoted here.

My post had nothing to do with negative reaction to a Viet Nam Service plate nor firearms.

That said, sincerely thank you for your service.

My only point with our ##-NH plates is that they are readily identifiable as to owner.

Very rural place here.

Many folks can be identified solely by plate number without needing police to run it. Common knowledge.

Don’t want people saying “I saw so-and-so run a Red Light the other day…. ….I know ‘cause it was a bright red pickup and his plate was ##-NH…”🥺🥺

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
No clue why I’m quoted here.

My post had nothing to do with negative reaction to a Viet Nam Service plate nor firearms.

That said, sincerely thank you for your service.

My only point with our ##-NH plates is that they are readily identifiable as to owner.

Very rural place here.

Many folks can be identified solely by plate number without needing police to run it. Common knowledge.

Don’t want people saying “I saw so-and-so run a Red Light the other day…. ….I know ‘cause it was a bright red pickup and his plate was ##-NH…”🥺🥺
Oops....
My error!
Quote was intended as response to "ctfjr",..... post #14

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
One from my Jeep in my college days. The other from my old Aprillia RSV street bike.
20230116_130332.jpg