Do I want a pine needle rake or a landscape rake? The answer is yes....but I can only get one

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
So I got my hardware and A Frame today, or so I thought. I have no idea WTF Titan sent me in place of the A Frame I actually need. Always on a weekend when I can't call because they are closed, and Monday is a holiday. Even if they eventually get the right parts to me so I can use the rake, I will not order anything else from them. Twice on one order is a bit too much incompetence for me.

I sent them all 3 of the attached photos, and told them I need #1, again. Now I wait. Again. And not get pine needles out of my pasture for at least another couple weeks.
01 Parts Sheet.jpg
02 Wrong A Frame.jpg
03 Wrong A Frame.jpg

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks like it needs a couple of ears welded to it. If you have a way to get it made the way it needs to be, offer them to fix it and them give you a deduct for your trouble and save them freight on shipping and returning the piece.

I ordered an implement a couple of years ago. It was suppose to be 66' wide, and they shipped one 60" wide. When I called them to make them aware of the situation they offered a nice deduct if I would accept the item they sent. I accepted. They returned about 40% of the price I paid.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
So I got my hardware and A Frame today, or so I thought. I have no idea WTF Titan sent me in place of the A Frame I actually need. Always on a weekend when I can't call because they are closed, and Monday is a holiday. Even if they eventually get the right parts to me so I can use the rake, I will not order anything else from them. Twice on one order is a bit too much incompetence for me.

I sent them all 3 of the attached photos, and told them I need #1, again. Now I wait. Again. And not get pine needles out of my pasture for at least another couple weeks. View attachment 54861 View attachment 54862 View attachment 54863
That’s bizarre and disappointing. Fed Ex lost the first one they sent me but I couldn’t blame Titan for that. If you can’t weld or bolt a couple of ears on it for the toplink in exchange for pretty decent refund, that really sucks. Kind of makes me sorry I posted a link for Titan earlier in the thread.

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I haven't held this up to the tractor, but I'm sure from looking at photos that this piece, whatever it is, is way too short. I don't want to have to weld/modify a brand new implement before I can even mount it on the 3pt.

I had planned to get this one if I got one, so posting the link had no effect on that decision.

I got my ballast box from Titan, and it came fast, and was good to go. I'm disappointed in my pine needle rake experience.

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
What they sent you are the arms for gauge wheels. I have those exact pieces. The pivot/height adjustment spindles go thru the sleeves. The other end bolts to the frame of a back blade or landscape rake.
Have to agree, someone at Titan is slipping.

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
What they sent you are the arms for gauge wheels. I have those exact pieces. The pivot/height adjustment spindles go thru the sleeves. The other end bolts to the frame of a back blade or landscape rake.
Have to agree, someone at Titan is slipping.
Thank you! I totally see that now. They should have sent me 2, with wheels, so I could have sold them to make up for this frustration. haha Hopefully they'll get it right since I sent them their own parts breakdown, but I was pretty sure I explained it exactly right to them the first time.

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I got the replacement A Frame today. It's several inches too short, and the top holes won't fit a CAT 1 pin. Pretty sure they sent me the CAT 0 A Frame from their 4 foot rake. This is starting to tick me off. Ordered this on Jan 24, have gotten 3 shipments from them, and still cannot use the rake.

depozzy

Jun 29, 2024
Tennesse
I'm a bit late on this post, but I wanted to suggest a pine needle rake. Also, these guys do custom work, so they probably could make the replacement parts you need if you call them.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm a bit late on this post, but I wanted to suggest a pine needle rake. Also, these guys do custom work, so they probably could make the replacement parts you need if you call them.

"a bit late", yup,....OP was three years ago!

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The 6' Titan is on sale for $463.97 with Economy Free Shipping. They are offering a 3rd party delivery insurance for an additional $13.92 that covers the unit if it is stolen after delivery, or lost while in transit. Somehow I think that this is more of a scam insurance because if it is lost in transit, that is on the shipper, not me. I don't worry about "porch pirates" since there are a lot of other items on the property worth taking if someone were foolish enough to try.

Item #: 191322
Price:
$579.99
Sale Price $463.97