Disc harrow question, pull type or 3pt

btsspec

Equipment
L3901 Kubota
May 21, 2018
San Jose, CA
Yeah I’m really liking the rototiller idea, and could also use it for garden beds in our future. Only issue is our soil is very rocky, not sure if that would beat up the tiller to fast or not.

The rototiller would be great idea from some of your posts. Problem will be finding one in decent shape and in budget range. Hard to find in my area.

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I don’t have rear remotes unfortunately. I’ve seen some pull type discs that have a manual height adjuster, how often would I need to adjust the height of the discs? I’m new to tractor ownership and don’t have much experience with using a disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don’t have rear remotes unfortunately. I’ve seen some pull type discs that have a manual height adjuster, how often would I need to adjust the height of the discs? I’m new to tractor ownership and don’t have much experience with using a disc.
I wouldn't even consider a pull type without remotes. It would surprise you how often you'll need to lift it while in use. That said it's not very expensive to add remotes. You can get kit from your dealer for about $1k. If you have a loader they can be added much cheaper by tapping into the loader hydraulics and adding a valve. That's what I did on my L3000.