Difficulty in selecting forward & reverse shuttle

beech35

Nov 21, 2010
Australia
My "gray" Kubota L275 or L295 (American model equivalent) selects between forward & reverse shuttle ok when tractor is cold or when in its early operation. However when I have been operating between forward & reverse shuttle with FEL after a period of time I have difficulty in selecting forward or reverse - I do come to a complete stop between movements but find I have to declutch a second time to be able to select. The tractor is a remanufactured machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Kevin (Australia)

MichKubota

Equipment
L3650GST
Dec 4, 2010
Ortonville ,MI
My L3650GST had similar issue.

Replaced the following parts in the shuttle shifter

Synchronizer rings, keys and springs
Rear gear
Shuttle coupler and shifter

Parts costs were around $800 and I did the work myself.

Shifts great now.

beech35

Nov 21, 2010
Australia
My "gray" Kubota L275 or L295 (American model equivalent) selects between forward & reverse shuttle ok when tractor is cold or when in its early operation. However when I have been operating between forward & reverse shuttle with FEL after a period of time I have difficulty in selecting forward or reverse - I do come to a complete stop between movements but find I have to declutch a second time to be able to select. The tractor is a remanufactured machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Kevin (Australia)
Thanks MichKubota for the info. Kevin (Australia) hopefully I can get it done under warranty-cheers

MichKubota

Equipment
L3650GST
Dec 4, 2010
Ortonville ,MI
After thinking about your issue more I don't think it is same issue as mine. I do not believe your tractor has a synchronizer for the shuttle shifter. So this could not be the issue.

My guess your issue is more to do with the hydraulic oil.

1. It's too low. Just add more oil.
2. It's thinning out too much when getting hot. Use an oil that is better at higher temperatures. Many users feel the Kubota SUDT oil is worth the price and improves transmission operation.

Good luck.