Difference between kubota UDT and Super UDT

Beanboy

Equipment
Kubota L4600 HST w/FEL, landpride DH1572. KK 5 ft boxblade
May 11, 2014
St Augustine FL
Hope I'm not venturing into a taboo area, but is there a consesus of a measurable difference between Kubota UDT and Super UDT for a HST tractor?
My dealer wants about double the UDT price for Super UDT
They wanted right at $40/gal for Super UDT, so just the fluids and filters would equal more than 3 months payment on the MFWD tractor and FEL and that doesn't inlude labor. My use is sporadic and averaged 50hrs a year on last tractor, but to avoid condensation issues I'd want to change all every year just to be safe.
Is the cost worth it?

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
SUDT2 is usually around $23-$25 a gallon. I don't know where they are getting $40 for SUDT. I thought that Kubota dropped SUDT when they introduced SUDT2---maybe I'm wrong on that.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't see the need for changing the hyd fluid every year. I don't think you will have any problem, just keep a check on the color of the fluid. If it gets water in there the fluid will be milky looking.

As for the SUDT2 being worth the extra cost, Absolutely. Especially in a hst tractor, the difference is huge. Performance wise it would be like compairing a bycicle to a crotch rocket.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hope I'm not venturing into a taboo area, but is there a consesus of a measurable difference between Kubota UDT and Super UDT for a HST tractor?
My dealer wants about double the UDT price for Super UDT
They wanted right at $40/gal for Super UDT, so just the fluids and filters would equal more than 3 months payment on the MFWD tractor and FEL and that doesn't inlude labor. My use is sporadic and averaged 50hrs a year on last tractor, but to avoid condensation issues I'd want to change all every year just to be safe.
Is the cost worth it?
I think they are shafting you a wee bit, ok - they are shoving it up sideways!:D

Paul is on the money!
http://www.messicks.com/partdetail/70000-40201.aspx

Shoot, change it yourself! And Bulldog is right, I would not change it yearly, unless I was racking up the miles....oooopps HOURs......

WHen I hit 200 hours, I am gonna bite the bullet and get the SUDT2 stuff!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I changed it all out at 50 hours and found a bunch of gunk in the screen so I bit the bullet and bought the SUDT and just in the noise difference in my little beast it was noticeably quieter. And like he said unless you get water in it or are working in tons of dust and dirt it never goes bad. unlike engine oil which picks up a lot of impurity's from combustion and so on. SUDT yeah I think its worth it.
But there are others that swear by Amsoil, and I guess any and all will work if they fit the specs. And a 5 gal bucket cost me 85 bucks,, shivvvvvver:eek: that hurts the egg money

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You should only have to change filters and not fluid with light use.

Bite the bullet and put SUDT2 in it and you shouldn't have to change fluid for many years.