Daily Chuckle

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Brings back memories! Never ran like that with my mom, but she had these cheap yardsticks that broke over your back easily. Not sure how many she went through with me, but it was more than a few!

I remember one event like that with my dad. Fortunately, he was not able to run as fast as I was through the brush and undergrowth in the forest behind our house!

Such sweet memories that post of yours brought back to me….😂

edit: I remember later dad told me I was lucky he didn’t catch me... I guess we were a close family and shared our feelings…

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Brings back memories! Never ran like that with my mom, but she had these cheap yardsticks that broke over your back easily. Not sure how many she went through with me, but it was more than a few!

I remember one event like that with my dad. Fortunately, he was not able to run as fast as I was through the brush and undergrowth in the forest behind our house!

When my wife's step dad taught her to drive, He carried a yard stick. If she messed up, he would rap her hand with it.

Well she broke the yard stick.

He never said a word, but the next driving lesson, he would have a fresh yard stick.

This went on and on till she got her drivers license.

After he passed away, my wife was helping her step mom clean out the closet, when I here her cussing up a storm... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I go to check on her. That's when I see her remove a 5 gallon pail from the closet slap full of yard sticks.

Then another 5 gallon pail comes out of the closet.......

And another 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣

There were 3.5 five gallon buckets full of yard sticks.

We had all heard that story. Well now we knew why he was never bothered if she broke his yard stick 🤣😂🤣😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC

edit: I remember later dad told me I was lucky he didn’t catch me... I guess we were a close family and shared our feelings…
Your parents must've loved you since they kept the breakable sticks! While most teachers had a yard stick in my youth, I remember Mrs. Jackson carried a 4-sided 1" square yardstick instead of the cheap 1/4" thick ones. I'm guessing it was old-growth oak, haha. Everybody knew not to cross her.