D950 Ring Gap Specs

Markw

Jan 22, 2016
Houston
Anyone know what the ring gap specs are for a D950? Looking for factory gap and allowable limit. Thanks

Markw

Jan 22, 2016
Houston
Is there any place you guys recommend buying some rings at? Now days I'm always worried about getting quality parts. I looked online and see several suppliers and I also see some on Ebay from Kumar BrosUSA, are they any good? Thanks

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Is there any place you guys recommend buying some rings at? Now days I'm always worried about getting quality parts. I looked online and see several suppliers and I also see some on Ebay from Kumar BrosUSA, are they any good? Thanks
It's too much work installing rings, then having to do it again because of cheap parts. I would only want factory Kubota parts. Try Messicks.com or Coleman Equipment.

What you doing about the cylinder wall finish?

My rule is, "the harder the part is to install, the higher the quality needs to be".

Markw

Jan 22, 2016
Houston
yeah, I've been burned too many times with aftermarket parts on car stuff. Most of the time you can't go wrong with OEM parts. For the cylinders, I'll probably just do a very light hone, like with a ball hone or something just to get any glaze off.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've bought several parts from Kumar Bros USA, they all have worked out very well for me, I'm an OEM advocate, but sometimes you just can't go OEM.
There gaskets look to be right in line with stock ones too.

Skip EBay and go strait to Kumar Bros USA