Connecting backhoe and rear remotes at same time

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Gents,

I'm in the process of swapping out L3800's as I got a newer (lower hours) one on Craigslist a few weeks ago. My old tractor had filled ag tires which I prefer so I swapped them over to the newer tractor which came with R4's. My old tractor also was set up for my BH77 backhoe so I need to get subframe and such moved over to the newer tractor. The new tractor has a rear remote which is kind of a cool plus. However, I'm not sure how to connect in the backhoe along with the remotes.

Therein lies my question. Where do I tie in for the backhoe?

Beginning of swap:

Front view of remote. You can only kind of see the lever as it's in the foreground and blurred. I have no idea why it's such an enormous plate.

Power beyond/hyd block setup

Remote connects

Dump back to tank?

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
Can't see pictures. If it's like the MX, and you have factory remotes, the do not interfere as far as I can tell. Backhoe comes off the distribution block under the right side. Rear remotes come off a manifold at the 3pt.

Edit: apparently not similar to the MX.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
sgtboz,
You need to upload pictures here, or a posting site (that allows third party posting) for us to be able to see your pictures. ;)

sgtboz

Equipment
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Ah, man. I wonder what happened. I linked the way I've always done in the past. But things change. I'll re-do the images. Thanks so much for letting me know. I wondered why I was only getting crickets where I normally get amazing advice!!

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I don't have the hydraulic circuit of an L3800, nor it's backhoe.
Where is your current backhoe plumbed, does it have a selector valve for 3pt or hoe?

Looking at photo 2 of the hydraulic block I assume the following.
Top right - Pressure to FEL valve
Bottom right - Tank return from FEL
Top Left - Power beyond from remotes to 3pt
Bottom hose - Power beyond from FEL, going to Pressure for remotes.
Pic 3 - Tank return from remotes.
How many hoses from your existing hoe to the tractor, and do they all go back to the block?
Backhoe would most likely break in between the remote PB hose and the block (unless there is a selector valve) as you would then still have the relief in circuit. Return to tank teed into lower return with FEL or with remote return

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
As the hydraulic block has a built in relief valve (separate to the 3pt relief), I expect you could break the FEL to remote hose to feed the hoe, this would remove a slight restriction of the hoses up to and through the remotes. It would of course add the same to the remotes by virtue of the backhoe hoses and valve block. It depends where you want your priority to be. All said and done it may only be a very small pressure drop, to either. You could also shorten a hose and send your PB from the hoe directly to the remotes. So FEL PB hose to Backhoe P hose, shortened Backhoe PB hose directly to Remotes P, existing PB from remote to block. YMMV

Last edited:

sgtboz

Equipment
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm anxious to sell off the old L3800 but can't do so until I get the backhoe moved over to my new-to-me L3800.

I'm not sure what all the hoses do but here's what I found out when I look at it after reading your response.

Attachments