Confused on Kubota tire options for M7060

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
Hey guys, need some help understanding the 4 R1 tire options on Kubota build. I am attaching a screen shot. So what I think is:

Line 1 is steel wheel with bias tires.
Line 2 is same rear as #1, but a slightly different front (not sure why) and cast rear wheels
Line 3 is radial R1W's with steel wheels
Line 4 is same front tire as #3, but a different rear, and cast rear wheels

Questions:
1. IS what I have correct?
2. Assuming so, why is the price jump from steel to cast so much more from #3 to #4 than from #1 to #2?
3. What is "17mm holes" in #1 and "8 bolt" in #3 mean? Are these wheels different?
4. What is the difference in the rear tires between #3 and #4?
5. Open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Attachments

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'm no help on this, but I did change the front wheels and tires on my M6060 soon after I bought it. It came with 9.5-24 R1 Goodyear Dura Torque up front which I sold, and replaced with 320/85R20 R1W Alliance FarmPro on 20" wheels.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I am being steered towards #4, at a $3800 premium over the cheapest ones. At first I was like "sure whatever" but I am questioning whether its worth it. Here is my thinking: Regarding the cast wheels, sure the weight is nice, but I will probably make a concrete 3 point weight anyway. Even with cast and filled tires I am pretty sure I will need more weight when maxing out the loader, so what is the point of the cast? REgardng radials vs bias, yes I have read just about every article and opinion on the web on it. I will hardly ever drive on hard surfaces, and where I am, tires usually die due to getting cut up by the shale or a slice or puncture from something else, not "normal' tire wear. I like the wider fronts over the 9.5's, but I dont really like the LSW's in the rear.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Question #2 looks to be tire option 2 is 30” wheels, where tire option 4 is 34” wheels. More cast=more money.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Radial tires will pull more if you are doing a lot of pulling equipment especially tillage equipment. The front radial tires quoted are a little wider and bigger than the bias ply tires in the first 2 categories. The rear radials are bigger diameter as pointed out. Cast wheels obviously are heavier, but wheel weights can accomplish the same thing. If you are subject to punctures and cuts, you are better off with bias ply tires. If you cut the cords in radial they are basically ruined. Plus bias tires are cheaper to replace. The only downside is the bias ply tires are slightly smaller so that can effect traction and flotation depending upon your usage.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
Radial tires will pull more if you are doing a lot of pulling equipment especially tillage equipment. The front radial tires quoted are a little wider and bigger than the bias ply tires in the first 2 categories. The rear radials are bigger diameter as pointed out. Cast wheels obviously are heavier, but wheel weights can accomplish the same thing. If you are subject to punctures and cuts, you are better off with bias ply tires. If you cut the cords in radial they are basically ruined. Plus bias tires are cheaper to replace. The only downside is the bias ply tires are slightly smaller so that can effect traction and flotation depending upon your usage.
Yeah I like the wider tires in the front. And I definitely agree, I am also thinking about replacement cost. It's not just a one time cost. When I need or ruin a tire in 7 years, radials will again be more, the gift that keeps on giving.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Another thing I thought of: I'll bet those 30" rears hold a lot more fluid and thus more weight than the 34" with those low profile tires.
I run 420/85 R30 loaded which adds about 750 pounds per side. With my cast wheels I have not found any need for rear ballast.

Reactions: 1 user

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I run 420/85 R30 loaded which adds about 750 pounds per side. With my cast wheels I have not found any need for rear ballast.
What do you have for fronts? I am leaning towards going with the Basic R1's which are 9.5 in the front. i wish they were wider since I do a lot of heavy loader work. IF you have that width, how do you find they behave with heavy loader loads?

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
What do you have for fronts? I am leaning towards going with the Basic R1's which are 9.5 in the front. i wish they were wider since I do a lot of heavy loader work. IF you have that width, how do you find they behave with heavy loader loads?
360/70 R30 I believe the heaviest load was a 2200 pound mini bag of oats. Don't think the tractor realized it was lifting anything :LOL:

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I think i decided what to do. I think Ill go with line #2 which is the bias tires with the cast wheels. ITs only like $1200 more than the steel wheels and I can stomach that cost and feel its worth it. There is not much I like about the radial option: Cost more, dont like the LSW, dont really want the R1W treads, and for my application I thin bias will be more durable and longer lasting. The ONLY disadvantage is I dont love the narrow R1 fronts they give you. I will be exceeding their weight rating often and they will sink and make more ruts in softer ground with heavy loader loads. So, I think the hot setup for me would be to get a set of R4 or R14's for the front. I looked at the numbers and believe it or not, both the stock R4 and R14 options are within the proper ratio range. So for now Ill just get the R1 bias with the cast, and down the road pic up a set of R4 or 14's on rims and swap them out.