Chrome Stack

ls248

Equipment
HSTC 3240, turf tires, 724 FEL, hydraulic top link, 72" PRD Woods Mower.
Feb 26, 2011
Chester, NH
Love the chrome stack on Gallery Picture #210 by bleedorange! Was wondering if I could find out details on what is needed to convert to a vertical stack. I have a 3240 HSTC very similar to the 3940. I am very impressed with this exhaust pipe and would appreciate any info on this topic. I am getting a lot of soot on my loader arms and I think this would eliminate that. (I am not interested in installing a Turbo, just the vertical exhaust.) Thanks very much.

Dennis

bleed orange

Equipment
L3940
Jan 11, 2011
hermon ny
Love the chrome stack on Gallery Picture #210 by bleedorange! Was wondering if I could find out details on what is needed to convert to a vertical stack. I have a 3240 HSTC very similar to the 3940. I am very impressed with this exhaust pipe and would appreciate any info on this topic. I am getting a lot of soot on my loader arms and I think this would eliminate that. (I am not interested in installing a Turbo, just the vertical exhaust.) Thanks very much.

Dennis
the stack just slides over a 3 inch pipe it has a piece of round rod welded on the stack that slides into a small piece of pipe on the side of the 3 inch pipe that keeps it from turning just make sure everything is a tight fit so the stack dosent wobble the hardest part is cutting the hole in the hood i can get you some pics if you need them sorry it took so long to reply been busy and havent been on here

ls248

Equipment
HSTC 3240, turf tires, 724 FEL, hydraulic top link, 72" PRD Woods Mower.
Feb 26, 2011
Chester, NH
Thank you for the reply.

If you could post some pictures, I would really appreciate it. I'd like to know what you cut the hole with on the hood, the length and the diameter of the chrome stack, and if you came right off the muffler. Any details would be appreciated.

Are you near Sharon Springs? I have done a lot of hunting out there. I love that Cherry Valley.

Thanks again.

Dennis

bleed orange

Equipment
L3940
Jan 11, 2011
hermon ny
Thank you for the reply.

If you could post some pictures, I would really appreciate it. I'd like to know what you cut the hole with on the hood, the length and the diameter of the chrome stack, and if you came right off the muffler. Any details would be appreciated.

Are you near Sharon Springs? I have done a lot of hunting out there. I love that Cherry Valley.

Thanks again.

Dennis
no farther north 20min form the border with canada
it dosent have a muffler because of the turbo was no room for it i cut the hole with a plasma cutter a little smaller than i needed then used the die grinder to smooth it out. the stack is 3x36 inch stack

candyman

May 4, 2011
ohio
blee orange,

please post some pix of the inside of hood on your chrome stack job, looks awesome.

thx, cm

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
It's a great job no doubt about it. I'm going to do the stack change on my 5740 when it arrives but I'm not going up through the hood. I like the convenience of being able to open the hood with out any extra work plus I wouldn't want to loose any visibility having a large stack get in the way.

I'm proposing to have my stack just in front of the cab,off to one side and a diameter no larger than 2.5". It will also be stainless so no rusting.

Not sure how "bleed orange" got his stack attached to the exhaust manifold, maybe it's just a press fit over an existing pipe but that stack looks Hugh and I would think it could put some stress on the manifold.

A good point was made by Davemerq73 being concerned about the reflection from the tractors lighting.

By just posting the finished project and not showing the actual way things were carried out during the process leaves many of us wondering how it was done.

I'll be posting the retrofit exhaust on the 2011 Grand L 5740 HSTCC3 in about a month and I'll show "every" step it took to get there.