Chicken Tractor

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
I thought about putting this post in the Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing section, but then decided that it would also fit easily into the (Slightly) Off Topic section.

I love tractors, and especially like my Kubota L4240, but I know that there are others who are more fanatical than I. (Hodge, Eric, Wildfire, and many others come to mind.) So this is for you to add to your stable. Please paint it orange. I found the advertisement on Craigslist in Denver. The blurb that went with the ad is as follows:

“Chicken Tractor - $20 (Littleton, CO) This Chicken Tractor is so awesome! We built this when our hens were young ladies to move them around our property and yet still protect them from predators. They can free range and never get bored or an area, because they are constantly moving. Also it could work as a coop for a small number of adult hens, or we even used it as a temporary coop while we built our own, and when we were integrating multiple flocks. One side of the A frame opens up so you can collect their eggs easily, and there is a built in nesting area in the structure.”

Please share pictures (after painting) if you purchase.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats funny,cause I had a friend years ago and his Pap welded up a large cage Im thinking 10x20, real heavy duty wire around all the frame and a large door on the end. He would set 2 or 3 yearling hogs in it and pull it to a field and let them root around in the pen all day and then he would move it, the hogs rooted up the ground and fertilized it and cleaned up everything that was droped when they harvested.

And I seem to remember seeing something like that chicken tractor in an OLD Mother Earth News many long years ago