Changing radio in a L4610

mopar2ya

Dec 9, 2013
ontario canada
I am having a hard time removing my radio from the overhead panel. It is a pioneer cassette deck and I want to upgrade. I removed face plate and inserted a plastic tie strap in both sides like I have done before to release the radio from its frame...did not work. I then searched for an hour and found the "proper" so I think metal tabs to release the radio....it would still not come out....any idea's?

Kanook

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC Kubota RTV900
Jun 29, 2015
Almonte, Ontario
I am having a hard time removing my radio from the overhead panel. It is a pioneer cassette deck and I want to upgrade. I removed face plate and inserted a plastic tie strap in both sides like I have done before to release the radio from its frame...did not work. I then searched for an hour and found the "proper" so I think metal tabs to release the radio....it would still not come out....any idea's?
I don't have an 'L' cab tractor, mine is a B2650, but when I swapped out my Kubota radio for a Pioneer deck For some reason (which escapes me now) I had to remove the 'cap' of the roof in able to remove and install the new deck.

Last edited:

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
My l4630 radio needs to be accessed from the cap side. There are a number of long machine screws in the cab that hold the cap on. Just look around and you will see them.

mopar2ya

Dec 9, 2013
ontario canada
Ok I see about 10 screws, if I remove screws how heavy is the headliner? I was thinking I would use ratchet straps around the roof to let it down easy. Will anything else come apart? Heater tubes, wires...etc. thanks

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I'll quantify this first by saying I don't have experience with a L4610, but the Cap on my L4740 is very light and comes off with nothing else attached. I hope yours is as simple.

A second person is nice to have when removing, given its size and you'll likely need to use a ladder.

Not all bolts need to be removed around the perimeter, but can't remember which ones can stay in. Again this is referencing a L4740.

Hopefully someone with a similar tractor will comment.

ClayRogers

Equipment
L4610
Nov 6, 2023
Midwest, USA
Just curious how things went with removing the cap on the cab? I need to do something similar.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
take the roof off. Easy. Then you can get to it no problem. It's a good idea anyway, because where the back of the radio sits is kind of in a recess in the roof, which is easy to pinch wires in. If you have the roof off when you are installing, you can route the harness wherever you want it, so less chance of damaging wires.

Donystoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Removed my roof last winter when I installed the radio in my LX2610. Removed required bolts on the inside and a couple on the rear corners outside if I remember correctly. I just lifted up the one side and held it up with a piece of 2 x 4. Just had to bend over the clips on the sides of the radio that keep it in place as well as tucking in the wiring harness. Overall a simple job.