Changing blades - problem

rangott

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
Jul 18, 2010
Sharpsville, Pa
I have a Kubota BX2350 with a RCK 60" deck - changing blades seems that this should only take about 15 min per blade and another 30 min to clean deck. However I am on my sixth hour.

Left Blade - removed and replaced w/o a problem in 15 min

Center blade - removed but unable to completely tighten replacement blade as it seems that washer is either not thick enough or wrong size washer as it will not hand tighten above the lip of the shaft from the gear box. Had some difficulty extracting as top washer seemed to be forced on the upper shaft

Right blade - Unable to remove old blade. Nut spins and belt on top of deck continues to move but will not loosen. How do I extract this nut? Do I need to remove the belt? I did remove the nut on the pulley above to no avail.. HELP Thanks in advance:)

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
Usually I zip them off with an air gun, it makes it easy so you dont have to worry about holding the pulley other than just keeping it from spinning with your hand. I think on your model deck you have two cup washers and a hex drive washer, then a bolt holding the blade on. If the bolt just spins and doesnt come out it is probably stripped. If the washer came off the center one too hard the hex may not have been lined up the last time it was put on. Be sure you have the correct hardware and the correct amount of washers.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I don't know your deck but I have a contra rotating tripple blade deck on a grass cutter and one of the blade bolts has a left hand thread .
Dave

blwn31

Equipment
B20
Jul 6, 2010
Placerville, CA
I remember changing blades on the mower when I was a kid, (not a Kabota) but we used to wedge a piece of wood between the deck and blade, then spin the nut off. Good luck.

Keith