Can't find my thread from last week re Kubota T 1560 fuel cap

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
I have searched high and low for my thread, (F!@#$%^g Excuse Me) bc there were some good resources for parts suppliers from members. I ordered a cap from some outfit selling on Amazon which, as per the description will fit many Kubota models. The cap I received today was the correct internal diameter, about 2 inches, but as it turns out it is about 6 TPI instead of 5 TPI. None of the searches I have made on Amazon for either Kubota T 1560 nor Miller Bobcat 250 have yielded any results and I don't want to keep ordering parts that don't fit. It is apparently too much to expect for the thread pitch to be included in item descriptions. A problem only happens when, like a dummy, you order a part without matching model number.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Easy way to find a post is go to the search function (upper right corner with the microscope lens) go down to search by member. Put MilkyWay" there.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
It was deleted for a simple reason - the fuel cap became a cussing match, or rather a discussion about cussing. Some have complained, rightly so that it got out of line.

AS for the future - let's see if we can stick TO the topic at hand without using words that "may" be offensive in usage.

I too can use to very colorful language - but I try to remember the audience that sees or hears it, and yes - sometimes I do let one fly that I should not have!

Reactions: 2 users

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
It was deleted for a simple reason - the fuel cap became a cussing match, or rather a discussion about cussing..."
You know what is really, REALLY disappointing is that before my post was taken down I searched and looked at posts from the member that brought attention to the "off-color script" and you wouldn't believe it, but his/her posts were in some instances,,, err,,, ummm,,,colorful. I'm just saying.

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Thank you very much to each and every member that tries to help others. I haven't tested those links yet but if they are solid, that will help me. That is of course unless this post gets deleted in which case so will the resources. The only reason I didn't order from the suggested resource is because, since I am a Prime member I get mostly free shipping and return service from Amazon sellers. I mean after all, the seller that I ordered from stated that it fit many Kubota models. It was the correct diameter so I figured "no way would it be the wrong thread pitch". NOT!
Update: I ordered the one that was 1/3 the price of the one in the other link, and it is only 3 to 7 weeks delivery.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thank you very much to each and every member that tries to help others. I haven't tested those links yet but if they are solid, that will help me. That is of course unless this post gets deleted in which case so will the resources. The only reason I didn't order from the suggested resource is because, since I am a Prime member I get mostly free shipping and return service from Amazon sellers. I mean after all, the seller that I ordered from stated that it fit many Kubota models. It was the correct diameter so I figured "no way would it be the wrong thread pitch". NOT!
Update: I ordered the one that was 1/3 the price of the one in the other link, and it is only 3 to 7 weeks delivery.
3 to 7 weeks delivery = direct from China!

Reactions: 1 users