BXpanded Quick-On Back Hoe Bucket Connector

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I'm looking to get a BXpanded Quick-On Back Hoe Bucket Connector, but I have seen some people on other forums say they had to sand off the paint to get the buckets to fix over the connector. Does anyone here have one on a BH77? If you do, did you have any problems installing it and/or getting the Kubota buckets to fix? Is it worth the money?

I have the mechanical thumb and it isn't a lot of fun to change buckets.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I just picked up the QD, along with the trencher bucket, from BXpanded. I also have the thumb, and agree what a total PITA it was to change. Now it only takes 30 seconds to change them out. From trencher, to bucket, You will appreciate it.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I've had one on my BH77 for a couple of years now. No issues with swapping the Kubota bucket for the BXpanded ripper or trencher bucket.

The installation of the quick receiver went easy also even though I have the Kubota thumb.

Maybe more recent production is made to different measurements? Or, maybe since my backhoe has been used more the paint was already worn down?

Even if you have to grind off some paint, you will find it was worth it.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I just picked up the QD, along with the trencher bucket, from BXpanded. I also have the thumb, and agree what a total PITA it was to change. Now it only takes 30 seconds to change them out. From trencher, to bucket, You will appreciate it.
I have the QD and their ripper. I also have the thumb and as Bear stated, it only takes 30 seconds to swap from the ripper to the bucket. No issues with it at all.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Has anyone used BXpanded's web based contact us page? I used it Monday or Tuesday to ask a question about the Quick-On, but I haven't heard anything from them.

fenderbender

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 29, 2016
TOCCOA. GA
Has anyone used BXpanded's web based contact us page? I used it Monday or Tuesday to ask a question about the Quick-On, but I haven't heard anything from them.
I would just call them. I have the Quick on and the ripper. I had questions if it would work on my bh77 with the Kubota thumb and got the answers I wanted and just went ahead and ordered them that day. I also have the piranha for the front bucket

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

76PHD

Equipment
B2650
Apr 12, 2016
North Carolina
I did just a few weeks ago. It took a few days but they got back to me with a thorough answer to my question. I've just ordered the B2650 w/BH77, but the quick-on + ripper tooth is on my short list of modifications.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I did just a few weeks ago. It took a few days but they got back to me with a thorough answer to my question. I've just ordered the B2650 w/BH77, but the quick-on + ripper tooth is on my short list of modifications.
When I got home today I had a reply from Ryan at BXpanded. He answered my questions and I'm very satisfied with his answers.

Thanks to those that replied. This might be my birthday present that my wife is going to get me.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I received my Quick-On Connector Saturday, 14-Jul-18.

I ordered two permanent pins and one quick change pin.

After I took the 3PT arms off and connected theBH77 to the tractor, my wife came out and helped me remove the 16" bucket that was on the backhoe and install the Quick-On connector. You could do this by yourself, but getting the connector, mechanical thumb bracket lined up with the dipper arm would have been a lot harder.

After getting the Quick-On Connector installed, I put one of the permanent pins in my 10" bucket and when I put the quick change pin in, the handle on the pin would hit the bucket.

This made it so the keeper pin wouldn't go through the hole in the bushing and the hole in the pin.

I sent an email to BXpanded about this and got a reply from them:

BXpanded said:
When Kubota welds the bushing on that has the hole in it they don't always turn it the same way. We looked at many of the factory buckets and came up with an "average" to position the handle on the pin that typically works but occasionally it does hit since they put them on turned somewhat randomly from bucket to bucket. We can swap it for you with one that has a shorter handle or you can cut the handle off some to make it easier to deal with. Let me know which you'd like to do.
So I cut 1/4" off the handle and was able to put the keeper pin in.

I'm very happy with the Quick-On Connector, all the welds look good and the fit is great. Can't believe Kubota doesn't offer this themselves.

I would recommend the Quick-On Connector to anyone that has more then one bucket. I think it is well worth the money.

Attachments

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
I received my Quick-On Connector Saturday, 14-Jul-18.

I ordered two permanent pins and one quick change pin.

After I took the 3PT arms off and connected theBH77 to the tractor, my wife came out and helped me remove the 16" bucket that was on the backhoe and install the Quick-On connector. You could do this by yourself, but getting the connector, mechanical thumb bracket lined up with the dipper arm would have been a lot harder.

After getting the Quick-On Connector installed, I put one of the permanent pins in my 10" bucket and when I put the quick change pin in, the handle on the pin would hit the bucket.

This made it so the keeper pin wouldn't go through the hole in the bushing and the hole in the pin.

I sent an email to BXpanded about this and got a reply from them:

So I cut 1/4" off the handle and was able to put the keeper pin in.

I'm very happy with the Quick-On Connector, all the welds look good and the fit is great. Can't believe Kubota doesn't offer this themselves.

I would recommend the Quick-On Connector to anyone that has more then one bucket. I think it is well worth the money.

I'm not familiar with B77 hoes, but my B26 with BH820 hoe does have the Kubota quick change and it works great as well. Don't know if it's available for other hoes.