BX2830 Commercial Snowblower repair

BxBoy

Equipment
bx2380
Apr 18, 2024
Newfoundland, Canada
I snapped a fan shear pin at the end of the snow season and didn't even know it. I was still able to blow snow. As you can see in one of the pics, the holes for the shear pin are opposite one another and will not move. The fan should rotate freely with the shear pin gone but it doesn't. I am thinking that maybe a piece of the old shear pin has it jammed up. So I figured I would just remove the whole assembly to repair it. I removed the bolts holding the bearing retainer at the end of each auger and the bolts holding the front center gear box and I can not pull the assembly out. Am I am missing anything? Do I need to drain the oil in the rear gear box and take that apart to allow the assembly to pull out?

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
possibly...
wedge the fan securely with wooden blocks then use pipe wrench to rotate shaft to align the 2 pieces ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You have to remove the allen set screws on the back bearing.

1714693356623.png

Then the whole assembly will come out.
If the shear pin is out and the hole doesn't line up then you have also sheared the key #110.
Your in for some work to get it apart!

1714693434167.png

Cheesecube

May 7, 2024
USA
It's possible that a piece of the old shear pin might be causing the jam, as you suspected. Taking apart the assembly seems like a logical next step. Regarding the difficulty in pulling out the assembly, it could indeed be related to the rear gear box, especially if there's oil in there. Checking if draining the oil and disassembling the rear gear box helps might be worth a try. For more detailed guidance, you might find helpful resources on musiccityappliance.services.

Last edited: