BX2750D Blower Set Screws

hy8ytjh98

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 with BX2750D snow blower, LA203A loader
Nov 1, 2013
Gorham, ME, USA
Popped off the cover on my BX2750D blower today to oil the chain. Happened to notice that the pin was sticking out and when I touched it, I was able to slide it freely. Not good. Looked further and the set screw that is supposed to hold it in place was entirely missing. Other set screw was in place. Went to dealership and got 2 new set screws. Put them both in - (these are longer than the one that was in there before and dealer recommend to even replace the one that didn't fall out, so I did). Fortunate that I caught this. If the other one had come out, I suspect I would have had a mess on my hands with parts flying everywhere. Not sure if the set screws were not tightened properly at factory or what. I will now make sure I check them regularly.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would recommend that you use some Loc-Tite (thread locker), on them as well. ;)

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
I've heard plenty of reports about bolts etc. loosening on blowers. Seems to just be one of those things. Watch it and tighten as required.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I would recommend that you use some Loc-Tite (thread locker), on them as well. ;)
I second the loc-tite and I oil my chain before every storm but haven't taken the cover off in a while I oil from the little hole on top but now ill have to check it out. Thanks

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Dang, I had the cover off mine today and didn't pay any attention to that. I remembered to grease the U joint though.

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Had another storm today 6-8in so I took the cover off to oil the chain and took a look and noticed the key for the shaft was almost out and hitting the cover which stopped it from coming out. I had one 5/16 set screw missing and the other was coming out. Ran to tractor supply and what would normally take 15mins to get to took 45min, so a 2 hr round trip due to the roads being shitty. All in all it saved me from a headache down the road if it came off and ripped up. I Loc-tite all the screws then got all the snow cleared. Thanks for the heads up

Last edited:

noreastah

Equipment
BX2350,FEL,60"MMM,Power grass bagger,60" front blade,front snowblower&quickhitch
Jan 29, 2014
Massachusetts
I got hit with the same storm here Gso125, I'm about 15 min. from you.
I'll be taking the cover off the blower (BX2750) to check it out.
Good heads up. It will probably save me some time and money.
Thanks!!!

craiga45

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 24, 2014
Charlestown NH
Popped off the cover on my BX2750D blower today to oil the chain. Happened to notice that the pin was sticking out and when I touched it, I was able to slide it freely. Not good. Looked further and the set screw that is supposed to hold it in place was entirely missing. Other set screw was in place. Went to dealership and got 2 new set screws. Put them both in - (these are longer than the one that was in there before and dealer recommend to even replace the one that didn't fall out, so I did). Fortunate that I caught this. If the other one had come out, I suspect I would have had a mess on my hands with parts flying everywhere. Not sure if the set screws were not tightened properly at factory or what. I will now make sure I check them regularly.
This may be a dumb question but are you referring to the key? I looked for a pin held in place by setscrews but couldn't find one. I want to make to check the setscrews on my bx2750.

Thanks.

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
Yes the Key in the Top Gear, Should be 2 Set Screws in it. I replaced mine with longer Set Screws along with Locktite.

TomB1550

Equipment
B1550
Mar 3, 2014
Cambridge,Ont,Canada
I'm curious on how you make out and what you find because, I have a B2550A I purchased used, it has no cover so the chain is in the weather. I oil it regular because it is exposed. After reading your post I took a closer look at mine I can slide the top gear easily back and forth. The set screw is as tight as it can be. I'm thinking something is not right