BX25 Service video

Mberna6

Equipment
BX25D
May 22, 2017
MA, USA
Hello All:

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a video that shows the 50 hour service for the BX25D? I found a couple, but they do not seem to work (private video?). I am most interested in seeing the replacement of the two fuel filters. Thanks for your help.

Mark

Mberna6

Equipment
BX25D
May 22, 2017
MA, USA
Thanks SJD. I guess I should also clarify that, although the fuel filters are not really part of the 50 hour service (per owner's manual), I would like to see a video of it being done. So maybe I'm actually looking for two videos.

I know Paul did a video for upgrading to a single, external fuel filter, but that is WAY out of my comfort zone.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks SJD. I guess I should also clarify that, although the fuel filters are not really part of the 50 hour service (per owner's manual), I would like to see a video of it being done. So maybe I'm actually looking for two videos.

I know Paul did a video for upgrading to a single, external fuel filter, but that is WAY out of my comfort zone.
Before you climb under the ol girl, get you a cut off valve - I think 8mm is the fuel line (5/16"). SO WHEN you pinch off the line to change your filters - you will have a nice way to cut the fuel off in the future! AND an empty tank helps!:D

https://www.amazon.com/Uxcell-a1601...&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=8mm+fuel+cut+off+valve

Gonna be tight situation under there, but you will get diesel on you - the question is - how much!!!!!

IF you decide to pinch the lines - get a pair of vice-grips - rap the jaws with something soft (tape) and squeeze that line off - replace the filters.

Turn fuel on - then turn key to make the clicking noise ....30 seconds and you should be good to go!

Mberna6

Equipment
BX25D
May 22, 2017
MA, USA
Thanks for the tips, Hokie! I know there was some debate on other threads about the need to bleed the line after the filter change. But I'll give it a try.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Even if you upgrade to a larger initial filter, you still need the second one. I guarantee that if you do install the larger initial filter, you will thank any of us that recommend it. I just did the replacements and it took all of 15 minutes at the most.

Mberna6

Equipment
BX25D
May 22, 2017
MA, USA
I didn't know that. I've seen that some of the mods claim that you can replace both small filters with the one larger one, which is attached down below the engine on the side of the tractor.

Wolf515

Equipment
BX1870
Apr 12, 2017
North East, PA
I didn't know that. I've seen that some of the mods claim that you can replace both small filters with the one larger one, which is attached down below the engine on the side of the tractor.
I think the second filter is to protect the injection pump from any potential damage if anything happens to the inline lift pump. However remote that could be. So the filter is just cheap insurance.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks for the tips, Hokie! I know there was some debate on other threads about the need to bleed the line after the filter change. But I'll give it a try.
No need to bleed the BX, however - if you "burp" the first and second filter as you make the last connection, it will bleed the "air" out quicker. It will be gravity feed once the tank has about 1/2 tank.:)

Mberna6

Equipment
BX25D
May 22, 2017
MA, USA
Hi Hokie:

Are you saying that if the fuel tank is at least half full, then gravity will take care of any air in the line?

Also, what does it mean to burp the filter and how is it done? Thanks.

Mark

Trail

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, 60" Deck, Rear Blade
Dec 11, 2016
Wisconsin
As others wrote, find Paul Short's videos, he'll walk you through it. I am not exactly a mechanic, and don't have much experience with the maintenance side of tractors. I got most the 350 hour maintenance done with Paul's help. Find it, I think the actual video may have been linked above, and he will make it relatively easy. Good luck!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi Hokie:

Are you saying that if the fuel tank is at least half full, then gravity will take care of any air in the line?

Also, what does it mean to burp the filter and how is it done? Thanks.

Mark

When you replace both filters.......and RIGHT before you place the hose back on the second filter......release the hose clamp, fuel will fill up the first filter, and then push through the pump and then fill the second filter - simply because the tank is higher than the filters. Either way - allowing the fuel pump to run for those 30 seconds will fill everything rather quickly!;)

Mberna6

Equipment
BX25D
May 22, 2017
MA, USA
Thanks. Sounds easy. (Famous final words. You'll probably read about me in the papers: "Man sets self on fire while "fixing" his tractor.")

Mberna6

Equipment
BX25D
May 22, 2017
MA, USA
For those who are interested, Paul Short had to take the video re BX25 service down for various reasons. In any case, the poor guy is trying to recover from a heart attack, so I don't think we need to pursue that option. If anybody knows of any other videos out there, please let me know. Thanks for all your input.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
For those who are interested, Paul Short had to take the video re BX25 service down for various reasons. In any case, the poor guy is trying to recover from a heart attack, so I don't think we need to pursue that option. If anybody knows of any other videos out there, please let me know. Thanks for all your input.
Thanks for your compassion. I'm on the mend. Let's see if I can help. Try this https://youtu.be/pi9PVdEmNRs

Mberna6

Equipment
BX25D
May 22, 2017
MA, USA
Thanks Wildfire. As I suspected from watching his other videos, no shortage of helpful tips there!