BX24 Cranks, No Start

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
Well, I finally got the tractor going, seems better than ever, what time I've had it. It appears haven washed away the crud just under the floorboard allowed the "speed set rod" to move just enough to cause a mismatch with the HST pedal, &, not allowing the rod to drop into the little indent where it should set till either moved via the dash or HST pedal moved around. I also took it all apart straitened the rod for a better fit, now drops into the indent as it should, also released properly. This also allowed the fuel pump to start pumping like no tomorrow, with its auditable rapid clicking in power / glow plug / start positions that I was semi-sure heard before washing days ago. Tractor also fires right up without use of the glow plugs, though, today warmed to roughly 55/56F. With a fuel pump haven been ordered I may or may not install, perhaps, in the spring, along with other normal maint. Sheriff will still be here next week for the forced delivery to the Dr.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well, I finally got the tractor going, seems better than ever, what time I've had it. It appears haven washed away the crud just under the floorboard allowed the "speed set rod" to move just enough to cause a mismatch with the HST pedal, &, not allowing the rod to drop into the little indent where it should set till either moved via the dash or HST pedal moved around. I also took it all apart straitened the rod for a better fit, now drops into the indent as it should, also released properly. This also allowed the fuel pump to start pumping like no tomorrow, with its auditable rapid clicking in power / glow plug / start positions that I was semi-sure heard before washing days ago. Tractor also fires right up without use of the glow plugs, though, today warmed to roughly 55/56F. With a fuel pump haven been ordered I may or may not install, perhaps, in the spring, along with other normal maint. Sheriff will still be here next week for the forced delivery to the Dr.
Not sure what a "speed set rod" is, but glad the story has a happy ending.

Tangent time now? I am wondering how a sheriff could come to your home an forcibly take you anywhere without placing you under arrest. Is this possible? Maybe he will be offering a free taxi ride?

If it were me and I did not want to go, I would be asking to see the court order, or to be placed under arrest.

BUT what can it hurt to see a doctor? I would do it myself. And be sure to be cooperative with whoever appears. If you don't want to go, that is your prerogative. BUT you certainly don't want to give them a basis for making you do something you don't want to do, by being aggressive. They can easily get a court order to place you in a hospital for observation for several days if you do. In PA I think it is called a 302 order.

Just checked:

Involuntary Commitment (302) An involuntary commitment is an application for emergency evaluation and treatment for persons who are a danger to themselves or others due to a mental illness.

Other states have similar statutes. Beware...

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
Not sure what a "speed set rod" is, but glad the story has a happy ending.

Tangent time now? I am wondering how a sheriff could come to your home an forcibly take you anywhere without placing you under arrest. Is this possible? Maybe he will be offering a free taxi ride?

If it were me and I did not want to go, I would be asking to see the court order, or to be placed under arrest.

BUT what can it hurt to see a doctor? I would do it myself. And be sure to be cooperative with whoever appears. If you don't want to go, that is your prerogative. BUT you certainly don't want to give them a basis for making you do something you don't want to do, by being aggressive. They can easily get a court order to place you in a hospital for observation for several days if you do. In PA I think it is called a 302 order.

Just checked:

Involuntary Commitment (302) An involuntary commitment is an application for emergency evaluation and treatment for persons who are a danger to themselves or others due to a mental illness.

Other states have similar statutes. Beware...
Here in VT. they can force ya for your own good. They see it as someone trying to do self-harm. I don't mind the ride. At 92, all the agencies know me pretty well, knowing my situation, aloneness, haven outlived many, &, my being reluctant to run to the medical center with every scratch / bruise etc.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Here in VT. they can force ya for your own good. They see it as someone trying to do self-harm. I don't mind the ride. At 92, all the agencies know me pretty well, knowing my situation, aloneness, haven outlived many, &, my reluctant to run to the medical center with every scratch / bruise etc.
Enjoy the visit! If you did not have medical insurance would they pay for the visit as well I wonder?

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
Enjoy the visit! If you did not have medical insurance would they pay for the visit as well I wonder?
Thankfully I've both Medicaid / Medicare, along with both RR retirement & VA benefits. No pvt. medical insurance. Any really costlies, out of pocket thankfully picked-up by an agency calling themselves "Valley Cares". The other hospital they send me to at times closer to home "my neck of the woods" they don't charge me anything, long as I, Anyone, maintain a primary Dr. with them as well.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I went back out quickly snapped a shot, didn't crawl to the underside, just too pooped to get down there again for the day.
Thanks for taking the time for posting that photo. I don’t believe there’s a rod like that on either of my tractors, the BX 2200 or the B 2910.