BX23S FEL won't lift

suzukiltd

May 16, 2014
Florida
2018 BX23S FEL won't raise. I was woking the tractor pretty hard cleaning up the edge of a lake. Moving mud and pushing brush with the grapple. Was also using the float function if that matters. After about and hour or so of work the FEL just stopped working.
I searched for similar issues and found this which is pretty similar to my issue. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/solved-bx23s-fel-lift-stopped-working.64124/

I have narrowed it down to the fluid returning to the tank. I removed the fluid return line (white line) for the FEL at the 4 way quick connector. Fluid will flow without issue and the FEL will raise. Reconnect the line and the FEL will not move. All the other hydraulic functions work fine. Bucket curl, MMM, 3pt hitch all work. Also checked the connections at the spool and everything is moving as it should.

I'm perplexed at this point so any help is appreciated.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm..sounds real familiar.....
I just bought the tractor side 'white' location connector as mine is 'weeping'. This after I replaced the loader side 4 way unit with 4 connectors (helped but not the answer...).Many complain about the 4 way.

Looks like an easy swap.
release pressure, undo hoses, remove snap ring, remove old connector......
I will update when I do this....

jay

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
2018 BX23S FEL won't raise. I was woking the tractor pretty hard cleaning up the edge of a lake. Moving mud and pushing brush with the grapple. Was also using the float function if that matters. After about and hour or so of work the FEL just stopped working.
I searched for similar issues and found this which is pretty similar to my issue. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/solved-bx23s-fel-lift-stopped-working.64124/

I have narrowed it down to the fluid returning to the tank. I removed the fluid return line (white line) for the FEL at the 4 way quick connector. Fluid will flow without issue and the FEL will raise. Reconnect the line and the FEL will not move. All the other hydraulic functions work fine. Bucket curl, MMM, 3pt hitch all work. Also checked the connections at the spool and everything is moving as it should.

I'm perplexed at this point so any help is appreciated.
Seems like the boom coupler on the four way manifold is defective.

Dan

suzukiltd

May 16, 2014
Florida
Seems like the boom coupler on the four way manifold is defective.

Dan
I think you're right. I unhooked the line on the bottom of the manifold for the return fluid and the flow is very light compared to the supply side.
Of course all the dealers are closed this weekend so I have to wait until Tuesday to get parts. I'll update when I know.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I think you're right. I unhooked the line on the bottom of the manifold for the return fluid and the flow is very light compared to the supply side.
Of course all the dealers are closed this weekend so I have to wait until Tuesday to get parts. I'll update when I know.
To be clear the couplers ars bi-directional and there is no supply versus return side. Which side is supply depends on whether the boom is goung up or down. Switch direction and supply and return roles reverse.

Dan

Last edited: