BX23S (BX23 series) Front Hub-Centric Wheel Spacers?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I'm curious. I can't seem to find any info. Are there hub-centric wheel spacers made for the front wheels of a BX23S?

Links are appreciated.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm curious. I can't seem to find any info. Are there hub-centric wheel spacers made for the front wheels of a BX23S?

Links are appreciated.
Why you looking to space out the front end? It really will not help stability since the front end pivots on a central pivot.

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Why you looking to space out the front end? It really will not help stability since the front end pivots on a central pivot.
I knew this type of response would come..lol.

I'm aware the front axle is on a pivot, and of the negative sides of spacers up there. I'm brainstorming ideas. 😉

I'm looking for 3/8" or 1/2" hub-centric, with the lip that protrudes through the center hole of the wheel.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I knew this type of response would come..lol.

I'm aware the front axle is on a pivot, and of the negative sides of spacers up there. I'm brainstorming ideas. 😉

I'm looking for 3/8" or 1/2" hub-centric, with the lip that protrudes through the center hole of the wheel.

I actually bought 1/2" spacer for the front end of my BX25D ........ ran them for 4 or 5 years , took them off to space out another front end ! :LOL:

I bought something like THIS

this may not work for you however

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Why space out the fronts? Garden rows?
No real projects for the tractor im guessing so tractor sits in garage getting customizations? This is what OTT does to folks! Hehehe!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
a real project for you...
remove BH joystick cover and inspect/oil the joystick units. Last weekend the right one BROKE,an hour after dealer had closed.....
not so much as a 'hint' that the 5/8" steel shaft was going to shear off.....

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Practice what you preach there, Bucko. 🤡

Nope
Pretty rude response to give someone who gave you information to help you. You obviously don’t really want help if you are going to be rude to people answering your questions.

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
No real projects for the tractor im guessing so tractor sits in garage getting customizations? This is what OTT does to folks! Hehehe!
When it arrived mid August I was in a frenzy to get things done. I felt overwhelmed. Before I knew it, I had everything on my list finished, where prior to not having the tractor, I was almost desperate for help. Not once did it tell me "I'm busy" or complain.

I DO have a list of mods I've been crossing off, completing from what's available in my shop, which has been nice. Other mods and upgrades I'm doing or have planned need the Pros bigger and better equipment, so costs drain my wallet and slow things.

The hubcaps, I'm just messing around. But I found a cheap (tasteful) solution, and I think others will like my out-of -the box-thinking too! I'll share once finished.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Pretty rude response to give someone who gave you information to help you. You obviously don’t really want help if you are going to be rude to people answering your questions.
Pardon me? The comment was not quoted for your response, to be polite.

If you took the time to read his past "dated" posts, you might understand the meaning behind what I said in response now. To him, it was more a poking joke.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Check with Fred Goeske wheel adapter. Com not sure if his staff will build for tractors but they do exactly what you want for trucks hub centric I have 1 1/2 spacers from them on my dually along with several friends running 2” on their trucks not the cheapest but each spacer weighs 14 pounds not cheap aluminum

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Just another "why" question. Are the BX hubs Hub-centric? Can't remember if mine are or not.

IF so I can see why you would want wheel spacers that would mimic the OEM design. IF not, why do you need hub-centric spacers?

I don't think you answered someone's question when asked why you need the spacers on the front to begin with. My question is more technical in nature...

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I don't think you answered someone's question when asked why you need the spacers on the front to begin with.
You noticed I avoided that? In due time.

I pulled the front wheels off the other day to have a look. The center-bore of the wheel, sits over a raised lip of the hub faceplate, so to me the wheel is hub-centric. I would imagine it's the same on yours.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
To further elaborate on my in-depth hunt for hub-centric front wheel spacers, I not only found some, I found them with the centerbore lip in very thin, to very thick at reasonable prices.

CustomMadeOnly - Browse all you're wheel spacer needs.
Looks like prices that are comparable to what I paid in the past for my BX rear spacers and also as a house warming present for my son in law's BX23S...If you found something there that works I expect you will be pleased with the quality for small tractor use.

Please share which ones will work for you on the front...for others reference in the future.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I don't consider the front wheels of my BX23S to be 'hub centric' as the bolts are tapered,whereas the nuts on my F150 are flat faced and have washers.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I don't consider the front wheels of my BX23S to be 'hub centric' as the bolts are tapered,whereas the nuts on my F150 are flat faced and have washers.
On my BX23s, there is a raised face machined to which the wheels-bore centers too the axle/spindle. The conical of the stud hole and the conical acorn nuts further strengthen that.

Least this is what I take from it.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Almost all vehicles have tapered lug nuts(acorn style) and all OEM rims are hub-centric(interesting things happen at 75 MPH when not). If I remember correctly my BX2370 were hub-centric front and rear. My LX2610 is Hub-centric(walked out in the dark to look), also Kawasaki Mule is too. Both trailers are hub-centric. The hub-centric actually supports the weight of whatever the nuts/bolts just keep it tight to the hub.