BX23S 50 Hour Service

whec33

Equipment
BX23s
Apr 9, 2018
Raymond NH
So the owners manual says to change the transmission fluid & clean the strainer at 400 hours but the workshop manual says to change the transmission fluid & clean the strainer at 50 hours. Has anyone confirmed which is correct?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So the owners manual says to change the transmission fluid & clean the strainer at 400 hours but the workshop manual says to change the transmission fluid & clean the strainer at 50 hours. Has anyone confirmed which is correct?
Been a lot of debate about what manual said what over the years, use to be change them ALL at 50, all the fluids....then somewhere a while ago, it was change everything BUT the hydraulic fluid until 200 hours.

IF I had to guess, Kubota is placing synthetic oils from factory in the hydraulics, and thus extended the time to change!

I will tell you this, the first 50 hour change is the mooooost important change of the life of the machine, the best chance to get all the factory "stuff" out of the system too - you'll see when you clean the screen what I mean;)

Personally.....I would go ahead, change every dang gone filter and oil on it, and start fresh at 50 hours or so, and I am sure you know - 50 hours is just an arbitrary time........you could do it at 36 hours or 63.4 hours! But around that many hours is when the machine is "broken in" and it is a good time to do PM stuff.

DONT skimp on this, change with S-UDT2 and change all the filters and whatnot - either buy online (buy extra to save on shipping) or buy local if you have that chance.

The two biggest headaches are the first fuel filter and the screen, and if you change the hydraulic oil.....the screen is easy!:D