BX2380/LA344 loader QD

pawstoy

Equipment
BX2380
May 13, 2023
Geaorgia Lake Country
5 year old BX2380 w LA344 loader. Lately been seeing leaks at 4 hose quick disconnect - when loader is attached. Not all that bad, but I hate a leak. Seems like it might be the QD getting a bit cocked when locking in place, but I dont know any way to make it go in any straighter - line it up and turn the handle. Any ideas? Is there some trash in one of the 4 individual valves at the QD? No leaks when loader not attached so whatever is wrong is part of the loader side of the QD. Thx in advance

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
I had a small leak from mine last year. Gave everything a wipe down on both sides of the connectors and it’s been fine since. Seems like some grass or grit got in between one or more of the connections. I always have the tractor side covered with the caps when the loader is off, but it doesn‘t mean stuff can’t still get on there. Now I always check them visually before putting the coupler on.

pawstoy

Equipment
BX2380
May 13, 2023
Geaorgia Lake Country
I had a small leak from mine last year. Gave everything a wipe down on both sides of the connectors and it’s been fine since. Seems like some grass or grit got in between one or more of the connections. I always have the tractor side covered with the caps when the loader is off, but it doesn‘t mean stuff can’t still get on there. Now I always check them visually before putting the coupler on.
Well i'll have to look at it again but i tried to be careful and keep both sides clean before hooking it up - every time. Thx for the input tho

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
Well i'll have to look at it again but i tried to be careful and keep both sides clean before hooking it up - every time. Thx for the input tho
not a professional at all, so can’t guarantee anything. just what happened to me.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Some people seem to have some luck by greasing the two alignment pins to ease the sliding while connecting. Another thing that might help is to rock the connector "front to back" while latching.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I had this happen once. It locks into place so I never paid much attention. However it's definitely possible to not have it fully seated and the lock will still engage, and then it leaked. As others have said make sure no dirt or junk in there, and make sure it's fully seated, before rotating that lock piece.