BX2380 engine / fuel issue?

Kubota in PA

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 with FEL, 60inch mower, and box scraper.
Jun 29, 2024
PA
I'd run for 5 minutes,probably a lot of unspent fuel in the cylinders and needs to be cleared out'.
So I got it started, it even smoothed out a little bit about 5 minutes into letting the engine run. When it sounded close to normal, I tried to throttle up a little, but no change at all. I could see the throttle lever engaging, but no change to the RPM. At nearly 10 minutes on my timer, I tried to increase the throttle again, but it started to rattle harder so I shut it off.

Kubota in PA

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 with FEL, 60inch mower, and box scraper.
Jun 29, 2024
PA
I've swapped both filters and have installed them same direction as the previous ones.

Dealer called me tonight and is sending a tech tomorrow. But I appreciate any other suggestions and will keep you posted.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Glad he's coming out cause I'm at a loss to understand what's going on. Hopefully his 'bag of tricks' and 'magic wand' will get her up and running, right !!!!

hmm, any chance the power connector for the lift pump is disconnected ? Last filter change mine was ! Have no idea how long but engine ran fine.......

Reactions: 1 user

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
I've swapped both filters and have installed them same direction as the previous ones.

Dealer called me tonight and is sending a tech tomorrow. But I appreciate any other suggestions and will keep you posted.
I have to ask this question, only because it just happened to me.
Did you buy those filters from Kubota? Or and auto parts store!

I had a tech come up last fall. I had him service my tractor (bx-2680) and he used auto parts!!! Two auto parts fuel filter and an auto oil filter for the hydralics.

Diesel is considerably denser than gasoline and will not flow through an auto filter correctly. In fact, it caused my fuel pump to burn up because it had to work so hard to push the fluid. When you get it running, reach under and see if your fuel pump (between the filters) is hot to touch.