BX2360 filter cross reference

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Boy this got nasty fast......
This is like the "this oil VS that oil slugfests" Everyone has an opinion.
You want an answer? Call Kubota and ask if they will warranty an engine failure when aftermarket oil filters have been used.
Nuff said.
Sparx
To point out. I did not start the nastyness. The origional poster did. I simply asked the question "do I sense sense a attitude here?"

Tp point out as well, I am NOT offering a opinion in my posts, I pointed out factual points that need due consideration when considering alternatice sources.

NOT ONCE have I endorsed anything other than making sure that what ever a person buys is the of the same quality as what the OEM designed the item to be. How anyone would get a opinion out of that is beyond me.

WOW I guess some people really like just being ignorant of the facts. Well fine, I have had my say, I have pointed out the needed FACTS and will let this one go.

I do need to point this out - Yes, Kubota will warrantee a engine failure with a aftermarket filter, BUT as in other equipment, they will take the filter if thery suspect it, analize it and if it is determined to be a "will fit" filter and NOT up to Kubota specs, warrantee will be legaly denied. This has happened in one case that I was directly involved in. This happed on a CAT 3116 engien that failed twice, both times with a aftermarket filter, the second time CAT balked and checked.

Take this for a OPINION (FIRST that I have posted on this subject) and for what you make of it, enough of my time wasted trying to make someone realize how rediculous they seem trying to save $4 on a unknown quality oil filter when if they do a oil change twice a year (200 hours) over 10 years all they are saving is $80 on a 16k tractor. WOW $80 whole dollars....

Enuff alrady! David

Last edited:

Sparky2k

Equipment
L2800hst
Jan 9, 2012
Belwood, Ontario
On a tractor, or any other vehicle for that matter, I think the prudent thing would be to use the specific manufacturers filters and accessories at least during the warranty period if for no other reason than to confirm that you have done due diligence. It would be interesting if one could find out who the approved manufacturer of Kubotas filters and lubricants is. I admit to have purchased a Fram equivalent for my L2800; it is still in the box as I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about using it. To adequately compare OEM filters to aftermarket, issues such as pressure drop, flow rates, media efficiency etc come into play, specifications that are not in the manual, at least not mine.
I see many products here in Canada for vehicles etc claiming they are "warranty approved" so I am not sure if the Magnuson-Moss act or something similar applies here. Reading through the comments, I see generalizations, suppositions and opinions, including mine. Without actual OEM information on their products other than knowing whether it will spin on without leaking, this discussion is moot.

If spending a few extra bucks for the OEM accessories lets you sleep better at night, go for it.
It works for me.

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
In this case whatever Kubota list them as. Should be in your service manual.
The design parameters are not in the owners manual. A part number is. Sometimes on certain filters such as fuel you will get a micron size mentioned as well.

To wit, those parameters would include, but are not limited to;

Case burst strength
Expected operating pressure range (not burst, but normal oil pressure ranges)
Expected operating temp range
Expected hours of operation between filter changes
Expected volume of product to be filtered over the expected life of the filter
Expected total maximum flow rate at maximum expected oil pump flow
Sealing ring composition (wrong type can swell or shring to much, turn soft or brittle)
Filter media micron filtration
Filter media actual square inches of surface area
Anti drain back valve present or not
Filter pressure relief valve present or not
Filter pressure relief valve if present opening and closing pressure

For example, many years ago in fleet service I did a field dissassembly on the following filters -

Motorcraft FL-1
Fram PH-8A
Wix 51515
Napa 1515

I cut the cases from the bases on all four filters. As the Napa filters are produced by Wix, little difference between them. There was a small change, less that 10% in the filter medium square inch filtration area between the Wix produced filters and the OEM Motorcraft, but suprisinly the Fram had almost 25% less filtration surface area as well as the thinest metal case.

As to the filter end cap material, The Motorcraft had a plastic end cap, the Wix twins a metal cap and the Fram a cardboard type end cap.

As to the filtration media micron size, a less than scientific experiment with a flow bench revealed all had about the same flow rate, so I would expect all have roughly the same filtering capability.

Based upon that my fleet shop went with the WIX / NAPA filters as there was a slight cost savings to be had, at no percieved loss of filter quality.

Motorcraft has since come out with the FL-1A so the game may have changed. I am no longer servicing in fleet use any equipment that uses these filters so I have no reason to inspect the current crop of these filter numbers.

Again, food for thought

David

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have had two no-flow frams..........never never never ever will I use fram for filter.

NAPA Gold or PureOne.
Years ago on my 7100 I had a fram filter swell up and bust the case apart. I was able to do a quick shut down and didn't harm the engine. That is when I really started to look at quality instead of cheap prices and the easiest to get at the store.

This is why I justify paying more for a higher quality product. It may not show a big advantage up front but 20 or 30 years down the road it will shine like new money. At some point in the future I may need a different size tractor but as far as I'm concerned the ones I own now will be here from now on. A few extra dollars spent now will be the difference between a usable tractor and some old rusty scrap metal.

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi all,
we know that some original parts are overpriced not because of quality, but because of the name. Manufactures rely on loyalty of their customers to price their spare parts way too high. If you have the knowledge and skill to resource parts from cheaper brands, you in luck. In my experience poor people are always generous with their money and that is why they are poor. Smart people are stingy and that’s why they have the money. I am in between and like it this way. However I learn not to believe everything what is recommended. Oils are typical examples. If I want to use Mobil or Shell brand, I ring them for recommendation and they give me all technical information for suitable oil. I have 100% satisfaction with all major brands and they are about half price.
Regards Frank.

1Dragon

Equipment
L2900
Nov 25, 2009
Sunny Central CA.
Yes dstaffo1 that question falls in the category of asking about politics or religion. I also see dmanlyr's side of things although again proving the statement falls in the same bucket. It is a personal choice.

To answer your question IMHO go to
http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/filterlookup.aspx

Look up your filters then try filter1.com no tax no shipping on $50 or more.
promo code “moparts”

It's what works for me and while were giving opinions I avoid Fram. Thirty years in the oil business taught me a few things.

Filtration really isn't brain surgery.

Hopes this helps you.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Recently bought a BX2360 and I'm looking to save money on filters. Has anyone actually used any of these filters on their tractor? I want to verify the numbers are correct because you can't always trust the manufacturers websites.

Air: Kubota K1211-8230; Fram CA9248; Hastings AF2308; Purolator A35270; Wix 4669; NAPA 6449

Fuel: Kubota 12581-43012; Fram G4164; Hastings BF7863; Purolator BF7863; Wix 33972; NAPA 3972

Hydraulic: Kubota, HHK20-36990; Fram ----; Hastings BT8905; Purolator ----; Wix 57088; NAPA 7088

Engine: Kubota HH150-32430; Fram PH6607, or PH6017A; Hastings B7285, or LF113; Purolator L14612, or L14622; Wix 51365; NAPA 1365

F20011

I just checked specs and prices of the fuel filters you listed.
Kubota 12581-43012 is ??micron and costs $7.26 at Coleman Equipment.
The after market that you are going to save so much money using are 2.5 to 4.0 times larger micron.
I was going to post the numbers but you made it clear that you did not need that kind of help so look them up your self.
Put filters on that do not meet manufacture specs, have a warranty issue caused by that filter and it is between you and your filter manufacture.

If you check prices for all your filters and compare apples to apples, you will find that OEM are not really more expensive.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

I just checked specs and prices of the fuel filters you listed.
Kubota 12581-43012 is ??micron and costs $7.26 at Coleman Equipment.
The after market that you are going to save so much money using are 2.5 to 4.0 times larger micron.
I was going to post the numbers but you made it clear that you did not need that kind of help so look them up your self.
Put filters on that do not meet manufacture specs, have a warranty issue caused by that filter and it is between you and your filter manufacture.

If you check prices for all your filters and compare apples to apples, you will find that OEM are not really more expensive.
Tiger - your information is great! Unfortunately, it's for a thread 3+ years ago.

Your info is still pertinent today.;)