Bx22 won’t move when warm

Skylinevalley

Equipment
Bx22
Jun 30, 2022
Tn
I have a box22 that everything works fine on,the backhoe and front loader works flawlessly but when the tractor gets warm it will no longer move just “gurgles”. The kubota shop told me it has good pressure and that the pop pins are stuck inside the case. They wanted 5400 to replace the cover and pop pins. But does anybody have any advice, it moves fine when it’s cold but when it gets warm it won’t move, all filters have been changed and strainer and fluid. Thanks everyone

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
First I have heard the term "Pop pins." Wonder what that refers to?

If 5400 refers to dollars...seems like a lot to spend on a nearly 20 year old tractor. Especially if it is a repair, and not a brand new HST installation.

There are very knowledgeable members here. Hopefully they will contribute some answers.

Skylinevalley

Equipment
Bx22
Jun 30, 2022
Tn
First I have heard the term "Pop pins." Wonder what that refers to?

If 5400 refers to dollars...seems like a lot to spend on a nearly 20 year old tractor. Especially if it is a repair, and not a brand new HST installation.

There are very knowledgeable members here. Hopefully they will contribute some answers.
That’s what I was told they are called, one is behind a Allen key and the other is on the right side supposedly. The one on the front is a spring and ball bearing, and the other is a spring and a cap of some sort. They did want 5,400 to replace the cover and the pop pins as they referred to . It’s very high that’s why I was reaching for advise on here

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Would need to see what they are talking about in some sort of breakdown. I'm assuming they arw talking about some sort of relief valve, or may be some sort of valves related to the hydrostatic motor/pump. It's hard to say yes or no when we don't really know what part your dealer is referring to.

Skylinevalley

Equipment
Bx22
Jun 30, 2022
Tn
Would need to see what they are talking about in some sort of breakdown. I'm assuming they arw talking about some sort of relief valve, or may be some sort of valves related to the hydrostatic motor/pump. It's hard to say yes or no when we don't really know what part your dealer is referring to.
It’s 120, 140 and 150 from what I’m told

Attachments

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Are you in North America or the UK? ( I own a classic British car and it nearly sounds like a term I have heard over on the UK car forum)

Are we talking US Dollars, Yen, Pounds Sterling, Pesos or?

How old is your hydraulic fluid?

Skylinevalley

Equipment
Bx22
Jun 30, 2022
Tn
Are you in North America or the UK? ( I own a classic British car and it nearly sounds like a term I have heard over on the UK car forum)

Are we talking US Dollars, Yen, Pounds Sterling, Pesos or?

How old is your hydraulic fluid?
Yes I’m in North American and that’s dollars

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Doesn't make sense for a relief valve to bypass when hot and not when cold. When cold the fluid is "thicker" and has a tendency to pop the relief. Typically once warm the relief will settle back on its seat and stay there unless the pressure picks up above the relief setting. Maybe they are some sort of check valve and it's getting bypass from being worn?

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well he mentioned the pressure relief valve but then mentioned these as pop pins so I dunno
lOL. I had to look back and see who the OP was! It was you! Unusual for people to refer to themselves in the 3rd person.

Edit: OK, I get it now…you meant the other guy… :ROFLMAO:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I think I would definitely check into this more and get a second opinion from another dealer. Unless they have had problems with these on others how do they know.. guessing? If they do the job and that's not it you're out an awful lot of money.

Reactions: 1 users

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
How many hours on the BX?

Did this happen all at once ?

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The tractor has 1111 hours on it, it was doing it when I got it, I do know the old filter literally sucked itself shut on the inside and expanded the outside
Thinking about this, your analysis does not make sense.

IF the filter actually housing expanded, suction internally would not cause this to happen.

I think, but do not know for sure, that filters usually have a flow path from the outside to the inside, and onward from the inside.

So, if the filter actually expanded on the outside, and collapsed on the inside, it must be due to high pressure on the outer side of the filter media, in the space between the filter media and the case.

IF so, what could cause this? If the filter is in the high pressure side of the hydraulic pump, and the filter media plugged up due never being changed, or due to something happening that put lots of contaminants in the fluid, maybe that would be the cause?

Just speculation here. Maybe someone who really knows something can offer some ideas...

Reactions: 1 user

Skylinevalley

Equipment
Bx22
Jun 30, 2022
Tn
Thinking about this, your analysis does not make sense.

IF the filter actually housing expanded, suction internally would not cause this to happen.

I think, but do not know for sure, that filters usually have a flow path from the outside to the inside, and onward from the inside.

So, if the filter actually expanded on the outside, and collapsed on the inside, it must be due to high pressure on the outer side of the filter media, in the space between the filter media and the case.

IF so, what could cause this? If the filter is in the high pressure side of the hydraulic pump, and the filter media plugged up due never being changed, or due to something happening that put lots of contaminants in the fluid, maybe that would be the cause?

Just speculation here. Maybe someone who really knows something can offer some ideas...
Yea I’m not sure honestly that ls just what kubota told me. I used it yesterday and everything worked fine(bucket/backhoe) the hydrostatic trans is a lil weak at temp makes a whining noise, it is very weak on a hill