Bucket Moving Slow in One direction.

Halothane

Equipment
B2650
Sep 28, 2021
Washington
B2650....Been moving dirt and leveling for a couple days. Bucket/Loader has been great but the last couple hours when I try and curl down the bucket it moves very slow. All other movement is quick and responsive.
Hydraulic fluid was a little low due to a small leak. The leak was fixed and I added a gallon. Levels look good. Sounds like pump is working extra hard.
Any idea what's causing this?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
B2650....Been moving dirt and leveling for a couple days. Bucket/Loader has been great but the last couple hours when I try and curl down the bucket it moves very slow. All other movement is quick and responsive.
Hydraulic fluid was a little low due to a small leak. The leak was fixed and I added a gallon. Levels look good. Sounds like pump is working extra hard.
Any idea what's causing this?
Odd.

Curl works fine so rod end is getting plenty of oil flow and base end is exhausting to tank fine. That sort of rules out a quick coupler issue.

I think I would have a look at the joystick linkage and verify the bucket spool is being fully shifted when you operate the joy stick.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Curl works fine so rod end is getting plenty of oil flow and base end is exhausting to tank fine. That sort of rules out a quick coupler issue.
It is very common for a coupler to restrict flow in one direction and not the other.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It is very common for a coupler to restrict flow in one direction and not the other.
By all means look at all possibilities. There aren't many. Looking at spool travel is easy. If that checks out remove the coupler on the base end hose and test dump operation.

Dan

Last edited:

Studeclunker

Equipment
BX22, Backhoe, drag box, etc...
Sep 25, 2023
Fawn Lodge, Ca
I had a similar problem and found that one of the connectors on the right side arm had come unlocked. It wasn't disconnected, precisely. However it wasn't working properly. I released and reconnected all three and it solved the problem.

I see a strap holding something in place. If there is something hanging off the bucket, that might affect the performance of the bucket as well.

Then again, my tractor is considerably older than yours, so take this post with a grain of salt.

Linstrum

Premium Member

Equipment
L3400HST with BH76 backhoe, L2501HST, B7100HST, B7100DT, all with fel's. Cat D4D
Sep 2, 2023
Alamogordo, New Mexico
That looks like a spool travel problem. Check handle linkage first. If it came on over a few hours, then it could be a build-up of dust and a little oil around the spool somewhere so the spool can't move all the way to its limit. That kind of operation can be duplicated by not pushing the lever all the way to its full travel.

Halothane

Equipment
B2650
Sep 28, 2021
Washington
That looks like a spool travel problem. Check handle linkage first. If it came on over a few hours, then it could be a build-up of dust and a little oil around the spool somewhere so the spool can't move all the way to its limit. That kind of operation can be duplicated by not pushing the lever all the way to its full travel.
I think you may be correct. I've moved around the quick connectors and it's definitely that specific line on the poximal side of the female connector. It initially was slow to lower, and now it has completely stopped. No movement at all. I'm going to trouble shoot this tomorrow.