Broken Head Bolts

tdnp

Equipment
L1801 DT
Aug 10, 2010
Kansas
I have broken a head bolt on my zl-1801-fd Zen-Noh. Is it appropriate to just go to the parts store and get another? If so, what grade? If not where can I get one? Any and all information is appreciated.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I have broken a head bolt on my zl-1801-fd Zen-Noh. Is it appropriate to just go to the parts store and get another? If so, what grade? If not where can I get one? Any and all information is appreciated.

Got to NAPA and have them match them. Replace them ALL!

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Stud or bolt? If a bolt NAPA can probably match from the markings on the head. If a stud, you'd be better off getting from a dealer since there's no way to tell the grade and if it is or isn't a "stretch" type alloy.
How did you break?

tdnp

Equipment
L1801 DT
Aug 10, 2010
Kansas
Bolt. Seized in the block as I tried to remove it.

Does anyone have the Kubota number or where I can get new ones?

Napa could not match, we suspect they are hardened steel. Plus they did not have the smaller head.

Help appreciated.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Measure and PHOTOGRAPH the bolt/s and studs. ie- 12-1.50X118mm

Email these folks with info and pics (for head type) and see if they can help.

These, like most things are common, you just need to know where to look.

http://headbolts.com/

Last edited:

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
Give beverage tractor in Virginia a call. They keep a set of manuals for some Grey Market machines and have been a huge help with my L1500DT. http://beveragetractor.com/

The manuals are written in Japanese, but the part numbers are good, so the IPL's are still helpful and they will fax you pages if need be. Many of the parts are in stock or can be ordered, as they are common across a series. Remember, just because your tractor is a grey market doesn't mean its parts have to be.