Brand-new MX4800 - not happy with power output

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I researched and everything was saying you could run a bigger finish mower compared to the rotary cutter. Running in m with stall guard and 540 on the tach goes about 3 mph with the stall guard bringing glme to a stop sometimes. I may need to sell and get a 5’ rotary to mow horse pasture
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

It depends upon what you plan to mow, how close you plan to mow it, and how fast you plan to travel while mowing it.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
It's probably your HST pedal. The tractor thinks that your foot is on the pedal, so the safety switch comes on and won't let it start. Jiggle the HST pedal gently forward and back and try to get it to set in to that neutral spot, and then try the key again, making sure you're doing everything else properly for the start procedure

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Bingo.

I had to learn that after buying my L6060, even though I had been driving my B1750HST for over 20 years.

The servo operated HST pedal is very sensitive and will not allow the engine to crank if it detects any pressure.

I move my foot completely away from the HST penal when cranking and such issues went away.

SDT

savoy9020

Lifetime Member

Equipment
G1800, L2501 (2016) 5ft LP box 2004 F250 6.0 Lariat Supercrew 2017 1140D RTV, 2
May 25, 2016
Savoy, Texas
When I got my new L2501HST, the engine would actually die if I pushed too hard in Hi range traveling down a gravel road.

It definitely needs a few hours to get broken in. give it 50 hours, it will make a world of difference. Mine has 112 hours on it now, and tons of power. No more issues in Hi range, or pulling a 5 foot rotary in 6 foot high grass.

Well, you and I use the same dealer and I'm quite certain they don't have a dyno...

Maybe because the engine is new and not broken in it will gradually make a bit more power as things wear in.

Thorny

Equipment
L2501 HST, 4x4, FEL, front snow blade, rotary cutter, box blade
Sep 24, 2016
Mountains of CO
While looking at various Kubota tractors prior to my purchase I noticed that while some tractors had similar rated HP numbers (L2650 vs L2501) the torque numbers associated with the motors were quite different.

I did that research a few years ago. I can't seem to find the rated torque numbers for the Mx4800 or your older tractor, but those could tell you why the new one doesn't work as well as the old one.

Or maybe you just need to sharpen the flails

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
While looking at various Kubota tractors prior to my purchase I noticed that while some tractors had similar rated HP numbers (L2650 vs L2501) the torque numbers associated with the motors were quite different.

I did that research a few years ago. I can't seem to find the rated torque numbers for the Mx4800 or your older tractor, but those could tell you why the new one doesn't work as well as the old one.

Or maybe you just need to sharpen the flails
The MX4800 makes 118lb-ft. I’m not sure what the L4310 makes, but it is slightly smaller in displacement so I’m assuming less. The flail mower is brand new, identical to the other mower.