Bought a used b7100 - has a hydraulic leak

baxfin

Equipment
b7100
Sep 28, 2024
washington state
Hey all - thanks for taking the time. I am a very new tractor owner and I know very little about hydraulics and tractors in general. I bought a used b7100 - it was not leaking at all when I purchased it. After it arrived at my place, I noticed it starting to leak hydraulic fluid out of a fitting. Now it basically pours hydraulic fluid out of this fitting. I made sure that it is tight and it still leaks. Please see attached picture - the leak comes from the green arrow location which is between a female hex fitting and a longer hexagonal piece of metal that is perpendicular to the hose coming in. If I unthread the hose from the female fitting, the female fitting spins freely in place meaning it is not threaded to the hexagonal piece of metal. I am assuming as I thread and tighten the hose into the female fitting, it should tighten in place.

Anyways, I am almost certain I need to replace something here. Can anyone provide any pointers on how I can figure out what I need to replace and where I can buy those components? Thanks again

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey all - thanks for taking the time. I am a very new tractor owner and I know very little about hydraulics and tractors in general. I bought a used b7100 - it was not leaking at all when I purchased it. After it arrived at my place, I noticed it starting to leak hydraulic fluid out of a fitting. Now it basically pours hydraulic fluid out of this fitting. I made sure that it is tight and it still leaks. Please see attached picture - the leak comes from the green arrow location which is between a female hex fitting and a longer hexagonal piece of metal that is perpendicular to the hose coming in. If I unthread the hose from the female fitting, the female fitting spins freely in place meaning it is not threaded to the hexagonal piece of metal. I am assuming as I thread and tighten the hose into the female fitting, it should tighten in place.

Anyways, I am almost certain I need to replace something here. Can anyone provide any pointers on how I can figure out what I need to replace and where I can buy those components? Thanks again
The hise is connected with a female pipe swivel. Ot spins freely until tightened on the hose.

Where is your leak - swivel joint or where the elbow screws into tractor?

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for the quick reply - the leak is at the swivel point
The swivel joint has a male cone seat and the nut pulls that seat tight to a matching female chamfer on the end of the hose. Sounds like the seat and/or chamfer are damaged. Disconnect the hose and inspect the sealing surfaces. They should be shiney and smooth.

Dan