Blowing hydraulic lines

Eric Gabrielson

Equipment
Kubota L3200 w/LA524 & BH77
Mar 21, 2014
Cassville, pa, United States
Hello,

I just recently purchased a brand new L3200 w/ loader and bh77 backhoe it has 13 hrs on it. I have a problem blowing the main hydraulic line to the backhoe. This is the second one I blew. I been using the backhoe to dig stumps and been running the tractor at around 2000 rpms. The dealer said to run it at that those rpms the initial break in period. I don't have any real mechanical experience with hydraulics so I was just looking for advice or help. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Thanks. Eric

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Make sure the connections are tight/seated when the machine is off and pressure bled. Otherwise raise hell with your dealer, this is a new machine and I assume you paid a ton of $$$. You should get some service for that.

PrairieSoul

Equipment
B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65
Dec 23, 2013
Manitoba
It's not the rpm you are running at. The owner's manual for my backhoe mentions a minimum of 75 % of maximum rpm. I usually use around 2200 rpm with no problems in over 50 hours of digging.

Check to see if the line is rubbing anything or if it gets damaged during installation. Any damage to the hose covering creates a weak point and it will eventually fail.