BF400G Front end Loader troubles

sfm279

Equipment
L2550D, BG400G
Nov 5, 2016
Medway, MA
I have a L2550D Kubota with a BF400G loader. The bucket curl control works fine but the down control doesn't push down it only goes down on the float position and I have to be gentle to find that sweet spot.
I have replaced all the hydraulic fluid and filters, I replaced the spring in the up and down section of the hydraulic controller because I found that there had been a restriction of some unknown origin and the spring was actually bent.
This loader is a single stick controller and I am wondering if there is a specific adjustment on the controller. The up and down function has no adjustment but the curling function does have an adjustment and I'm wondering if the curl function would have an effect on the up and down controls?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
Check all your hydraulic connections to the FEL. Sometimes they get bumped/jarred enough to stop hydraulic flow..

sfm279

Equipment
L2550D, BG400G
Nov 5, 2016
Medway, MA
Thanks,

I checked the hoses and fittings those are all good. I took apart the controller assembly and found the piston large springs are a bit corroded(the hydraulic fluid was really bad before I changed it) and they were a bit distorted so I ordered new ones.
I will post back if this solves the problem.