Ball on forks?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Drill the hole. Some guys flame cut holes (bad!) giving un-controlled heat treatments to their forks.
Fear mongering about cutting a hole in the pallet forks tip for a hitch ball is a favorite here.

The cutting torch only heats a slim line around the hole. I didn't have to turn the whole fork tip red.

And i've yet to be presented with any tales of drilled-fork-tips snapping off under load. Or even bending.

It seems you cannot customize practically ANYTHING or the safety police will sound the siren and inspectors will descend on your jobsite and take your customized" tools away. And fine you.

I really doubt most here live such a bubble-wrapped life that certain "dangerous" or "untested" or "non-oem" mods never get put to use.

I don't think there's ANYTHING that will bend or break that drilled or cutting torched pallet fork tip.

Erase my doubts and show a photo of that happening.

Reactions: 1 users

Waterlog

Equipment
B2610
Oct 8, 2023
Fear mongering about cutting a hole in the pallet forks tip for a hitch ball is a favorite here.

The cutting torch only heats a slim line around the hole. I didn't have to turn the whole fork tip red.

And i've yet to be presented with any tales of drilled-fork-tips snapping off under load. Or even bending.

It seems you cannot customize practically ANYTHING or the safety police will sound the siren and inspectors will descend on your jobsite and take your customized" tools away. And fine you.

I really doubt most here live such a bubble-wrapped life that certain "dangerous" or "untested" or "non-oem" mods never get put to use.

I don't think there's ANYTHING that will bend or break that drilled or cutting torched pallet fork tip.

Erase my doubts and show a photo of that happening.
find someone with a magnetic drill press about 5 minutes to drill that hole

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Only needed One of these 3/4” cobalt, and it’s unhurt and still ready to drill another.

IMG_2791.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user