Bad or not?

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
Is it bad that my first mod/purchase for my tractor is arriving before my actual tractor?LOL
i bought the BX expanded under armor and it’s arriving tomorrow, picking up my Bx23s next week.
so excited my wife thinks I am crazy.
I think I have read every post on this forum, thanks for all the info.

jim

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Is it bad that my first mod/purchase for my tractor is arriving before my actual tractor?LOL
i bought the BX expanded under armor and it’s arriving tomorrow, picking up my Bx23s next week.
so excited my wife thinks I am crazy.
I think I have read every post on this forum, thanks for all the info.

jim
you aint crazy at all - I would call you very NoRmAl !!!! like the rest of us would be!

WHEN DID you order the under armor? How many weeks has it been? BXpanded has been hugely popular - I have ordered 3 times from them in years past ..... as was gonna order something recently but COVID slowed them down to 4 to 6 weeks out time.... so I am building my own.

and that armor is maybe the best thing you could buy too! I can take mine off in 30 seconds without lowering anything other climb under and push up and unclip and run around the other side and pooof - offf!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I ordered the under armour on August 27 2020 so not too bad . Being delivered tomorrow.

they said 4 to 6 weeks - great company. You will love the under armor - 'specialy when you hear that stick go bang up under = and the fan is still perfect!;)

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Not crazy at all.
I dreamed and watched video's for 3 months before my BX23S arrived.
The dealer started showing me things and I was like "Yea, I know, I know...."
I told him I was so excited I was probably going to sleep next to it in the garage.
He took me seriously and looked at me sorta funny.
oh
I opted NOT to get the under armor because I'll be using the mid-pto for a snowblower and a sweeper, don't think that'll work according to the BXpanded website.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Gibby,,, one word of caution,,,,,, the rabbit hole only gets deeper from here ;)

Reactions: 1 user

GibbyESS9

Equipment
Sep 30, 2020
Skeets,
I hear you loud and clear. already added the thumb and pallet forks to my order. Can’t wait to pick it up.
I have had Jeep’s for years and the mods can get crazy. But fun. I don’t think I will be able to sleep the night before.

GibbyESS9

Equipment
Sep 30, 2020
Thanks all. Been reading all the great info on this forum for a month. Great people and info.
Pick up my Bx23s tomorrow morning with my 14 year old son. Might have to take a Tylenol pm to sleep.
Any short list of things to check upon inspection/pickup?
I saw tractor mikes list.

cheers

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
#1 be SURE to measure garage door opening BEFORE you drive in....
#2.. please read #1 again.

clean off the paint on ALL the grease zerks....
buy a new 'dedicated' grease gun and a 6 pack of grease. ONLY use for your new purchase...
be sure grease DOES come out where it should, cycle the levers several time, add 1 more squirt of grease.Be SURE to open the floormat and grease the footpedal linkage ! it's easy to forget.
might have to tighten the SSQA levers. Mine were toooo loose.
my grille guard is on the bench, silly 'kitchen cupboard door retainers didn't last long....$$$ to replace.
with loader on , I figure I'm pretty safe....
I replaced back four lights with LEDs, left fronts alone( useless with loader on....)
The back of armrest cover pieces WILL fall off, don't toss out the 'what's that grey thing', like I did, TWICE...

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Thanks all. Been reading all the great info on this forum for a month. Great people and info.
Pick up my Bx23s tomorrow morning with my 14 year old son. Might have to take a Tylenol pm to sleep.
Any short list of things to check upon inspection/pickup?
I saw tractor mikes list.

cheers

Hahaha, awesome. Congrats.

and no, it's quite normal to tractor people.

GibbyESS9

Equipment
Sep 30, 2020
E791E3D0-20C0-4220-BA36-15A81BEE26E5.jpeg

fresh off the delivery truck. Super happy. They even loaded the rear tires, which I didn’t have to pay extra. Did get the grease gun and grease from TSC.. the dealer service tech went over the entire machine with me for a good half hour. I have about 60 rental hours on the same model and finally convinced the wife I needed it. 40 acres heavily wooded land with stream through it. Put 2.5 hours on it first day with my 14 year old son jumping in the seat before me. He did well. Have to hide the key now.

Reactions: 3 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
He did well. Have to hide the key now.

No that means you get to get off the couch and "help him". Good times are getting to work with dad.

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
He did well. Have to hide the key now.

No that means you get to get off the couch and "help him". Good times are getting to work with dad.
Make some great memories. It is hard in today's society to be able to gap the generations. Working with my dad is leading to some awesome memories.

Resized_20190530_104902001.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
My 17 year old daughter is a tiny probably 90 pounds, I need to add extra weight on the seat so she activates the switch. :ROFLMAO:

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Hey Gibby, welcome to the forum and congrats on that new tractor! It is exciting getting a new piece of equipment. I had the same joy in May 2019 when I got my L2501. I have to say however, I dont know how you guys all order these trators then wait weeks for them to arrive. It would drive me crazy. When I got mine, I waffled on wether I wanted to spend the money for a few months. One day I would feel like I wanted to, the next day Id feel like I didnt need to. Finally one week I decided that yes, I needed it, yes I wanted it, and Yes I am going to do it. Until I made that commitment I never felt any of that pressure of the excitment, but once I had committed that it was going to happen, I had the tractor in my yard that weekend. I literally went to the dealer to look at an L2501 and a B2650. He had a brand new L2501 in stock, but no B2650's. They were prepping one in the shop for another customer so they did allow me to go back and look at it so I could compare it to the L2501. I decided to go with the L, and they loaded it up right there as I did the paperwork, and the delivery guy followed me home. Wam, Bam, Thank you mam. If I would have had to wait for weeks I might have went crazy :D

And no - I have never regretted pulling the trigger. 1.5 years into ownership and I can say it has been well worth the investment, and I'm so glad I finally committed to getting it. Im also so glad I went with the L2501 over the B2650, as it is a good bit heavier and that has helped a lot in the tasks Ive been doing.

Its nice that the dealership filled your tires! On the BX any extra weight you can add is a good thing. It will help you pull more weight, and make the tractor more stable when lifting loads. Dont be a stranger on the forums :) The tractor looks great btw! So shiny

GibbyESS9

Equipment
Sep 30, 2020
I didn’t really have to wait for the tractor. I put a deposit on it and they had one in within a week. I had to wait to pick it up because I was refinancing my primary home to drop to 15 year mortgage and it took forever to finish the refinance. I had to wait because they pull your credit again right before closing, and I was taking advantage of the zero percent finance.
not even close to my debt to income ratio but bank said to wait so I had to wait.
Went from 4.85% to 2.5. No brainer there. Will be paid off when wife retires .

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Gibby enjoy the new tractor! Looks like were neighbors! Im over in Madison Twp! My BX23S is three years old with 400 hours! It was cheeper to buy the machine than to hire landscapers plus it will help me stay busy in my retirement years! Did you buy it at Marshalls? Enjoy!

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Not unusual at all. I bought my Farm Hand by Lee Agra quick hitch three years ago and I'm glad I did because they have been discontinued.

Still haven't got my tractor yet but I've never been closer.