Backup Alarm Circuits

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Who has a backup alarm on their Kubota UTV?

I don't have the buzzer installed on my machine and I want to use the BU alarm circuit to power an LED floodlight whenever the machine is put into reverse.

I think I found the OEM 2-conductor wiring harness plug for the bu alarm but one wire is always hot when the key switch is on and the other is always to ground.

How is the bu alarm triggered?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Is there any type of switch that is triggered when the rev handle is placed in reverse?
If not - could a simple "safety or micro switch" be hooked into that movement?
The circuit you found.... if hot all the time - find the switching device that triggers it.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
HERE’S THE SCHEMATIC (screen shot) for my RTV-X900 on which I’ve inserted Red Arrows pointing to the ”back up beeper” (or back up warning horn) sender and horn units. G/Y goes to the horn, R/W from the sending unit/switch. Hope it will “zoom” clearly enough to be useful.
A464B43A-3578-43E1-966D-14AF6149D416.jpeg

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
In looking at Geohorn's wiring diagram, on his machine there is a high transmission oil temp alarm controlled by a relay and temp sensor. This feature is shown as optional so not all wiring/switches will be in place.

This same physical alarm is turned on as a backup beeper. I have not studied the circuits enough but there is a neutral switch adjacent to the backup horn circuit so I suspect the triggering is in the neutral switch,.

Dave

tracyturtle

Equipment
kubota
Jul 12, 2024
mississippi
Who has a backup alarm on their Kubota UTV?

I don't have the buzzer installed on my machine and I want to use the BU alarm circuit to power an LED floodlight whenever the machine is put into reverse.

I think I found the OEM 2-conductor wiring harness plug for the bu alarm but one wire is always hot when the key switch is on and the other is always to ground.

How is the bu alarm triggered?
I was just wondering if anyone found the solution to this problem. I have a 2022 kubota x900 and wanted to attach lights to the backup beeper wiring. Rather than running new wire.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I ended up buying the K back up alarm kit for my machine. Wasn't overly expensive. Came with the wiring harness, mounting brackets, alarm and backup switch. I made a jumper that lets me power an LED backup light as well as the backup alarm.

Plug and play, no need to mess around trying to mount a backup switch onto the tranny shifter.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I was just wondering if anyone found the solution to this problem. I have a 2022 kubota x900 and wanted to attach lights to the backup beeper wiring. Rather than running new wire.
The connector is located on the lower left side of the transaxle, in front of the Range shifter.

tracyturtle

Equipment
kubota
Jul 12, 2024
mississippi
I looked evrywhere for a plug in that location didn't see anything. Could you give me a little more guidence in locating it. Im completly lost, the only plugs or single wires i have located or all the ones mentioned ubove. Just hate to pay 100 dollars for a wire that shows me where to connect a beeper too. lolol