Backhoe question BL4520

Ulsterman

Equipment
L245dt
Aug 13, 2023
New Mexico
My question is does the hoe come with the correct mounting brackets for your tractor?

Dan
I’m not sure. If I understand correctly it should be set up to attach it to the 3 pt hitch but should have some plates to bolt on the tractor to provide better support. Is that what you are asking? I have not seen what comes with it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I’m not sure. If I understand correctly it should be set up to attach it to the 3 pt hitch but should have some plates to bolt on the tractor to provide better support. Is that what you are asking? I have not seen what comes with it.
The hoe was used on both B and L series tractors. The L series parts diagram shows some mounting brackets. Take a look at the online Kubota parts site for the details.

Dan

Ulsterman

Equipment
L245dt
Aug 13, 2023
New Mexico
The hoe was used on both B and L series tractors. The L series parts diagram shows some mounting brackets. Take a look at the online Kubota parts site for the details.

Dan
Thanks for sending that link. I have this picture of the unit which showed the large under the tractor support beam but still don’t know if the attaching brackets are there. I’m supposed to go have a look at it tomorrow. Without the brackets I won’t be able to attach the hoe properly.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
So the round bar across the middle of that subframe would slot into some thick C-shaped openings on brackets bolted somewhere near your 3pt lower pins on the tractor. The front of that subframe would probably have a long crosspin go through it to retain the subframe from sliding out of the C-notches at the back.

The stuff you need for the tractor itself can be fabricated but it's up to you whether you're confident or able to make those pieces or would need to pay to buy them or have them made.

Ulsterman

Equipment
L245dt
Aug 13, 2023
New Mexico
So the round bar across the middle of that subframe would slot into some thick C-shaped openings on brackets bolted somewhere near your 3pt lower pins on the tractor. The front of that subframe would probably have a long crosspin go through it to retain the subframe from sliding out of the C-notches at the back.

The stuff you need for the tractor itself can be fabricated but it's up to you whether you're confident or able to make those pieces or would need to pay to buy them or have them made.

I got a look at the brackets and I believe they will bolt on directly to my frame. So I feel pretty confident that everything will just bolt up. We are notifying the seller that we will pick it up when we have the trailer to put it on.

Thanks for your help, I’ll let you know when we get it set up.

Reactions: 1 user