B9200HST electrical issues

Bud

Equipment
B9200HST
Jun 7, 2010
Enfield, NH
I have a B9200HST 4WD which I went to start and got a click and.. nothing.. no signs of problems prior.. original owner..battery checks good.. hazzards buzzz but no flash.. no lights.. when I put a charger on battery I have lights.. hazzards still buzzz.. jumper to car battery and engine turns very slowly.. I don't think glow plug is working to preheat so it will not start via jumpers.. fuel guage and idot lights work..service guy at local dealer said it is a fuse.. I can see fusable link and it looks intact.. don't know where fuse would be.. help?? Also can't figure why I would have lights on charger, but none just off battery.. or why it cranks even very slowly on jumpers but otherwise nothing. I have followed advice from other postings re: battery which seems strong

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Sounds like you have a high resistance in the battery terminals/ leads which is why the jump only turns it slowly.To start with,clean battery terminals and lead ends and try again.if no go,remove ground leads, frame end,clean and tighten.also make sure the live lead from the battery is clean and tight on the solenoid ...and make sure that battery is fully charged.
Dave

Last edited:

JWB

Jan 3, 2010
florida
Try swapping out the batt. From another tractor or vehicle. It sounds like a cell in the batt. May be Shorted.
JWB

Bud

Equipment
B9200HST
Jun 7, 2010
Enfield, NH
Would it give a full charge reading if shorted? But you may be on to something as with the charger connected I get lights and it tries to crank..

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
Would it give a full charge reading if shorted? But you may be on to something as with the charger connected I get lights and it tries to crank..
Yes it can, it'll read 12v surface charge, and when load applied drop off to 3-4volts. I see it a lot in forklifts. especially electric pallet jacks. A bad/shorted cell will kill the whole battery and even draw down an attempt at jump start.

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I have a B9200D, and had the same problem. Tried all the above, and then some. All to no avail.

The only thing left was to remove the starter and dismantle it for inspection.
Turned out I had a couple armature windings that let go.

Bought a new starter, and now my engine turns over like new.

Bud

Equipment
B9200HST
Jun 7, 2010
Enfield, NH
Well I took the ground strap off the frame and cleaned and replaced tight, took the terminal clamps off and scraped to bright metal and replaced tight and flashers worked, but no lights and no start.. then I checked the harness to the starter, made sure the fusable link was intact, and took a hammer and lightly tapped the terminal clamps to insure they were solid on the + and - posts.. put a jumper on the battery from the car and it started right up.. let it run for 10 min and moved it under cover and restarted it several times.. so we're running for now.. so I have either a funky battery? or loose battery connections ( I am sure the clamps were tight on the posts)? or something going on in the battery lead harness to the starter??

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
Well I took the ground strap off the frame and cleaned and replaced tight, took the terminal clamps off and scraped to bright metal and replaced tight and flashers worked, but no lights and no start.. then I checked the harness to the starter, made sure the fusable link was intact, and took a hammer and lightly tapped the terminal clamps to insure they were solid on the + and - posts.. put a jumper on the battery from the car and it started right up.. let it run for 10 min and moved it under cover and restarted it several times.. so we're running for now.. so I have either a funky battery? or loose battery connections ( I am sure the clamps were tight on the posts)? or something going on in the battery lead harness to the starter??
I have to wonder if this may help you as well ? uber cheap, and easy to come up with the parts on your own if you have the resources....

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11440&postcount=7

I did this on my B2400 and haven't had an issue since. did all the other tricks you mentioned first, with limited results, even made new larger cables. My battery is dated Nov '05, and it still starts the tractor every time, though I expect it'll probably die when I really need the tractor.....