B9200 HST Fluid Leak at RH brake lever shaft.

KTOY

Equipment
B9200 hst, Case 580SL
Jun 20, 2019
Brookfield, NH
I have a leak at the shaft where it goes into the brake housing. My service manual is useless because it just explains how the brakes work with minimal diagrams and no repair instructions. Parts diagrams show no seal here. Are these dry brake shoes, if so, why is there oil? I'm at a loss, advice would be greatly appreciated. I like to know what to expect before I start to take things apart.

Thanks in advance..

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I did this repair on my neighbors tractor two years ago. It was fairly straight forward with respect to removing the brake housing with the lever going through it.

An o-ring is used to seal the housing and shaft. For some reason I'm thinking there may have been two o-rings used per side. Can't remember the size off hand.

Other than oil leaking from the housing it was a straight forward repair.

It very likely you'll need a new housing gasket. You might want to purchase before starting the job.

Good luck.

KTOY

Equipment
B9200 hst, Case 580SL
Jun 20, 2019
Brookfield, NH
Thank you gentlemen, I knew I came to the right place. Should there even be oil in there? Inner seal?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thank you gentlemen, I knew I came to the right place. Should there even be oil in there? Inner seal?
Nope just the 2 O-rings (put on on the inside of the shaft), the rest is open to exchange fluid as needed.