B7610 Engine Mounting

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
How is the engine hung in this tractor? Is it mounted sitting on rubber bushings like an auto engine? It looks to me that it may be bolted directly with bolts going into the side of the block.
I recently bought second B7610 sight unseen. The price was right and it had only 205 hours on it. Got it shipped here and it ran well, but had seen some rough time. Left rear taillight was broken. After careful examination I find that the ROPs was hanging from 1 of the 10 12mm bolts that mount it to the differential case. The other 9 were sheared off flush with the case. It must have taken a helluva hit on the left top corner of the bar. When it came back it broke the tail light.
The engine runs well, but for a short time after start-up and occasionally when working it, there's a "tinny" rattle that my other B7610 doesn't have.
I probed all over the engine with a stethoscope, but not able to find a source coming from the engine itself. I'm suspicious (and hopeful) that the engine is just contacting something it shouldn't be as a result of the jolt it must have taken. Did find that the exhaust pipe was intermittently contacting one of the tabs on the engine side panel. Corrected that but the rattle is still there .
The reason I'm asking how the engine is mounted is that I just learned BX's
use a rubber mount that can fail. Thanks Paul Short - just saw that on your latest video. If this B has them, the cause of my rattle could be that these are bad given the trauma they'd have experienced.
Any advice other than "you deserve it for buying something sight unseen"
But it's doubtful I'd would have noticed it had I gone the 1300 miles to see it. And I wouldn't have had another identical tractor next to it to detect the difference in sounds--they clatter anyway.

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
I looked all thru the parts diagram for this, and it doesn't show motor mounts anywhere. It would appear that it mounts solid to the frame near front of motor and near clutch housing.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Kcoburn, I think you'll discover your engine is bolted directly to the frame with a dozen or so bolts. If you have a workshop manual, look at the "axle frame". jOr go to Kubota Tractor Corp., accept the legal stuff and enter your tractor model. Then look up engine, then axle frame.

http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's bolted directly to the frame, no rubber. ;)
If it's rattling, a good bet would be to pull the pan and check the rod bearings.

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
Thanks for the quick responses.
Wolfman, I was worried that it might be something like the rod bearings but hopeful that they were okay given it has so few hours. As I said, it appears to have been "rode hard and put away muddy". I suppose it could have been run with low oil.
Do I have to break the tractor to get at the bearings?