B7100 - vertical exhaust pipe

riddle2

Equipment
B7100
May 26, 2017
Schweinfurt, Germany
Hey guys,

has someone got the drawing with dimensions of the vertical exhaust pipe?

I mean NOT the muffler, just the dimensions of the vertical (not horizontal) exhaust pipe?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards,
Tom

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The exhaust stack is the muffler on that model. ;)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Somewhere, in one of my manuals, there is mention of turning the muffler vertical. Part of the process is to exchange the short curved pipe exiting the muffler with a longer straight piece and a flapper. That said, I can't seem to put my finger on it at the moment, and the online parts diagram does not show the alternate parts.

Mine is rotated to the vertical position, but retained the short curved outlet. The P.O. added an aftermarket flapper to keep the rain out. In lieu of a flapper, one can use an upended bucket over the muffler when the tractor is not in use :D

Kubota Christian

Equipment
B7100 HST 4WD
Jun 7, 2017
OH-IO
Riddle2,

Can I ask the reason you need it? Are you trying to fabricate your own or just need a close up with measurements for comparison? I also read that you can switch the exhaust pipe to vertical but mine is still horizontal. I'm wondering if the German models might have been a little different than what we have in the states? I can measure mine and get pics though if you need it. Just trying to make sure of what your asking for. Mine has a baffle with holes mounted on the pipe. I'll include this photo which shows a snake that was in it the other morning...

Attachments

Deuce

Equipment
2016 B2650, 1977 B7100
Aug 8, 2015
New Jersey
My 7100 has the factory long vertical pipe that clamps to the muffler (replaces the short extension/elbow) can get measurements and picturs later tonight or tomorrow. If you want feel free to pm me your number and I can text it all to you.

Story behind mine is my dad got the 7100 new back in '77 and optioned for the exhaust being vertical with the long pipe to keep any kind of fumes out and away... similar to an older farm tractor. I'm honestly contemplating turning it back to the horizontal and finding the short elbow or getting one made because it will be more out of the way for that occasional tree branch

riddle2

Equipment
B7100
May 26, 2017
Schweinfurt, Germany
Hi guys,

Thank you so far.

I need the dimensions, because I want to build up my own vertical exhaust pipe. Because in my opinion, the aftermarket model is too expensive.

I want the vertical version because I don't want to have exhaust fumes in my face any more.

Thank you for finding out dimensions.

Bye,
Tom

riddle2

Equipment
B7100
May 26, 2017
Schweinfurt, Germany
Riddle2,

Can I ask the reason you need it? Are you trying to fabricate your own or just need a close up with measurements for comparison? I also read that you can switch the exhaust pipe to vertical but mine is still horizontal. I'm wondering if the German models might have been a little different than what we have in the states? I can measure mine and get pics though if you need it. Just trying to make sure of what your asking for. Mine has a baffle with holes mounted on the pipe. I'll include this photo which shows a snake that was in it the other morning...
Can you help me? Below I posted the reason.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is no set height, and I've never seen a "factory" up pipe on that model.

Just measure your diameter of muffler outlet and get a piece of pipe to fit the height that you want to end up at.
If you are going up, either put a flapper valve on the stack or have some one put a bend in the end to keep water out of the engine.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Ok, I finally had a chance to look and found it in the owner's manual, section 13, page 38:

"Upright Muffler (666711-82511)
The horizontal muffler can be converted into an upright muffler with minor changes of parts.

To convert:
(1) Remove 4 bolts (M8) fastening the elbow and muffler, then detach the stay.

(2) Turn the muffler inlet upright and lock with 4 nuts (M8).

(3) Replace the horizontal exhaust pipe with an upright exhaust pipe and clamp with the band. "

There's a photo of the setup and the upright exhaust pipe looks about 30 -40% longer than the muffler itself. I was wrong in my earlier post about the top of the pipe -- there is no flapper in the photo, the top is an elbow turned forward.

Attachments

riddle2

Equipment
B7100
May 26, 2017
Schweinfurt, Germany
Thank you so far guys.

@Kubota Christian: I'm looking forward to your dimensions.

I think my problem is also the inch topic.
I already measured something, but with a metric device and the values are very strange. Something around inner diameter 35,6 mm and outer diameter 38,3 mm.

Bye,
Tomas

Erik Graham

Equipment
B2630, LA 403, RCK60-30B, L2550 GST
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Greetings;

I converted my 7100 to vertical exhaust several years ago. I did as described by Torch. I did buy a new gasket from local dealer and then just removed the 4 bolts rotated the muffler 90 degrees and reattached. I removed the short piece of curved pipe and replaced it with a piece of straight exhaust pipe that is 24" long and 1.5" o.d., attached it with a muffler clamp and that was it. Added a rain cap and bought a spray can of black wood stove paint and that was that.

Cheers, Erik

riddle2

Equipment
B7100
May 26, 2017
Schweinfurt, Germany
Greetings;

I converted my 7100 to vertical exhaust several years ago. I did as described by Torch. I did buy a new gasket from local dealer and then just removed the 4 bolts rotated the muffler 90 degrees and reattached. I removed the short piece of curved pipe and replaced it with a piece of straight exhaust pipe that is 24" long and 1.5" o.d., attached it with a muffler clamp and that was it. Added a rain cap and bought a spray can of black wood stove paint and that was that.

Cheers, Erik
Thank you.

And Inner diameter?

Bye,
Tom

riddle2

Equipment
B7100
May 26, 2017
Schweinfurt, Germany
Greetings;

Cheers, Erik
Erik,
Can you also give me the inner diameter?

Thanks.
Tom