B7100, oil too clean!

Richsark

Equipment
Kubota B7100D and rotovator
Mar 23, 2014
Sark, Channel Islands, UK
Hi everyone
About 8 engine running hour ago I flushed my engine fitted new filter and filled with oil, as I get a bit of smoke when working, actually most of the time,
I dipped it to check if the oil level as gone down, it hadn't but to my surprise the oil was the same color as when it went in the engine.
This doesn't seem right how can I check to see if the oil is circulating correctly?
Regards Rich
Ps can anyone tell me the size of the copper injector gaskets/washers

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
First, oil can't be "too clean". :)

Why did you change the oil at only 8 hours?

It takes a while running before the oil shows any color. Run it and don't worry.

Richsark

Equipment
Kubota B7100D and rotovator
Mar 23, 2014
Sark, Channel Islands, UK
Hi bluegill
I changed the oil when I first got the tractor, I used the Tracktor for 8 hour before I checked the the oil, to find the oil is like new, I think with a old machine like this it should be blackish after 8 hours work.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I got equipment that has over 10,000 hours on it, with regular oil changes at 250 hours. The oil doesn't start changing color till it gets 50 plus hours on it. And a truck with over 140,000 miles on it. And the oil is still more honey colored then dark when it's do for service.:rolleyes: If your showing that you have oil pressure, oil pressure lights going off after you start it, then i wouldn't worry about it. Oil not changing color right off is a good thing. Means its been regularly maintained.;)

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Hi bluegill
I changed the oil when I first got the tractor, I used the Tracktor for 8 hour before I checked the the oil, to find the oil is like new, I think with a old machine like this it should be blackish after 8 hours work.
Gottcha, I misunderstood the 8 hour thing.

What Daren said. I still wouldn't worry about it.