B7100 leaky injector

Richsark

Equipment
Kubota B7100D and rotovator
Mar 23, 2014
Sark, Channel Islands, UK
Hi everyone
Yesterday after I changed the oil, I ran it up for a while and were I spilled a little engine oil around the injectors I noticed on two of them it was bubbling between the seat and the injector.
My question is, do they have a copper washer between the injector and seat and if so what is its size.
And I have not yet received the workshop manual yet, can anyone advise me the best way to deal with this problem:confused:
Ps dull and cloudy here looks like rain

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Hi everyone
Yesterday after I changed the oil, I ran it up for a while and were I spilled a little engine oil around the injectors I noticed on two of them it was bubbling between the seat and the injector.
My question is, do they have a copper washer between the injector and seat and if so what is its size.
And I have not yet received the workshop manual yet, can anyone advise me the best way to deal with this problem:confused:
Ps dull and cloudy here looks like rain
yes they have a copper o-ring, very easy fix, look at my post what i did in mine..

photo1
photo2

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
you will need part number 17011-53620 if using a genuine kubota part, or just take your old one into a car acc shop ( not sure how many their are on sark to be honest) and they should be able to match it without any problem.
i have a box full of them in various sizes, its an easy fix, just be sure that you make sure the injector exterior body is super clean before refitting.

if you get stuck i could send you some.

rob

Last edited:

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
as Rob said just go to every car acc shop. i wend with my old one and the hade the same from some set of injector repair.
and don't try to clean the head of the injector. you will destroy it,
just clean the hole and put the new ring.

Truckedup

Mar 20, 2014
Ontario NY USA
If the copper ring isn't damaged it can be annealed to make it soft again. Just heat it red hot , let it air cool or plunge in water. Either way it'll be soft again.
Copper sealing rings found in auto parts stores are usually cheap copper that has been work hardened when stamped out...Anneal it.

Richsark

Equipment
Kubota B7100D and rotovator
Mar 23, 2014
Sark, Channel Islands, UK
Thanks everyone, there are no car part shops in Sark, infact there are no cars or motorbikes just tractors, agricultural and construction machinery, but no tractor parts shop every thing for them has to be shipped in. It's a pain but you get used to it.
I will go for truckedup's way for now, it sound good and order some in for spares.
Great advice thanks:)

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Copper sealing rings found in auto parts stores are usually cheap copper that has been work hardened when stamped out...Anneal it.
Great point Truck, about having to anneal the copper before installing. Thanks.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Thanks everyone, there are no car part shops in Sark, infact there are no cars or motorbikes just tractors, agricultural and construction machinery, but no tractor parts shop every thing for them has to be shipped in. It's a pain but you get used to it.
I will go for truckedup's way for now, it sound good and order some in for spares.
Great advice thanks:)

dont forget good old horse power;):D

rob.