B6200 hsd

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
Hello all.

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I need a tractor to cut 3 ac and blow snow (150 ft long drive). Some of the acreage has some steeper hills which I think 4WD will be handy. I am probably looking at a MMM and a front mount snow blower run off either the mid or front PTO. I also want the ability to add an FEL later on when budget allows.

I looked at BX sized but I think I like the B series better (i.e., B2150 or so) because I want a little bigger.

My interest is used market (budget) and I have the opportunity to look at a B6200 4WD HSD with 60 in MM with mid pto. It has 980 hours on. I am not sure of the exact year yet.

Is there anything I should be looking for with this model? Its for sale for 4,500 but there is no warranty for used. I have not seen it in person so it might be beat to $$it.

Any advice on this unit?

Thanks

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
If that price is just for the tractor, I would do some research for the MMM, blower and loader before buying. They weren't as popular a model as the bigger B7100 so used or aftermarket equipment will be rarer and pricier. Til you add cost of those you might be closer in price to a newer unit with most of that already added.

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
understood - that makes sense. It comes with a MMM but nothing else.

I'll do a little more digging regarding used add-ons and repost

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
I forgot to add. Tractor is an 85 and mower is an 88

FEL would probably come in a few years.

Any additional advice would be helpful from interested parties

Thanks

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
That price seems a bit high for a 6200 IMO, it better be extremely clean with no leaks. I just sold a 1997 B7100 in pretty good shape, mechanically excellent, cosmetically a bit rough for $3200. If you look at all the threads on loaders here it's typically cost prohibitive to add a loader to an older model tractor, might be better to look for one with a loader....MMM's are much easier to find used.