B6200 3 point hitch stopped lifting

Quagmire33

Equipment
B6200-d-hst. Great bend 220 FEL
May 27, 2014
Central Mass, USA
After about an hour of using my box blade, the three point hitch stopped lifting the blade. I can put the lever up, get off the tractor and assist the box into the up position. FEL is still working. It's warm out today but nothing extream, about 80 degrees. I remember the same thing happening last summer but not to this level. It would just get sluggish so I'd crank the engine to wide open and it would go up. Any ideas ? Oil and all 3 filters changed/cleaned about 20 hours ago. I'm going to wait for the oil to cool down and go back out and try it. Seems like it's a heat thing. Could the 3 point cylinder need a rebuilding ? Help!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you need to put new seals in the three point cylinder. ;)

Quagmire33

Equipment
May 27, 2014
Central Mass, USA

Are you taking about 020 & 030 ? The couple of orings or is there going to be more to it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quagmire33

Equipment
May 27, 2014
Central Mass, USA
Oh boy. That looks like it's going to be fun. Guess I'll have a to get myself up to the dealer and order some parts. Thank you for all your help. I'm sure I'll be posting back to ask for some technical assistance.

Quagmire33

Equipment
May 27, 2014
Central Mass, USA
I've been off the site for quite some time. Wanted to update what I found. Turns out the problem was with the relief valve. It was just a bad o ring.

Clay T.

Equipment
B6200D 4wd-gear, L2501 4wd-hst w ldr, 6’ finish mower, 4’ bushhog, 5’ rear blad
Jul 17, 2022
Eastern Shore of Maryland
I've been off the site for quite some time. Wanted to update what I found. Turns out the problem was with the relief valve. It was just a bad o ring.

Hi, don’t know if you still are on this site, but I have a very similar problem woth my b6200d to what you originally described. Like you I don’t thinkit is the main cylinder leaking since when the hitch and implement are in the up position overnight or for several days there is almost no leakdown. I have taken control valve apart and gotten to the relief valve. Relief valve spring, collar, poppet, shims all look good, but I went ahead and replaced poppet and spring. My problem is that I cannot get the relief valve seat out to replace the o-ring on it. Can I ask you how you got that valve seat (that has a groove on the back of it for th o-ring) out of the control valve body. Mine doesn’t want to come out and there is no easy way to hook it or get behind it to pull or push it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Clay